With Heavy Hearts, We Announce the Sunset of Clone Wars Adventures

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Amnerys, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Amnerys Clone Wars Adventures Community Manager

Dear CWA Players,

It is with sadness that I announce the news that Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures will end March 31, 2014. We’ve had many incredible experiences with you over the years. We’ve fought epic battles and made unbelievable memories. It was a very difficult decision to make, but we knew this day would come eventually.

Most importantly, I want to thank all of the players for their time and commitment to the game. You have made this Star Wars experience truly unforgettable. Stay tuned here for more details on what the next two months will look like.

Steve George
    Producer, Sony Online Entertainment
  2. Shaia Well-Known Member

:eek: WHY :( darn it please tell us that the forums will still be open for us to stay in contact with each other
  3. Darkwaver Well-Known Member

*Sigh* I'm not surprised. Figured it would last a bit longer, it's sad to see it go, I just wish there were updates that were good i it's last bit of time running.
  4. Shaman Well-Known Member

Free Realms is "done" also.

Shock, Mourde, and previous developer "Derelict" all did phenomal jobs, especially given the resources provided.
    General Eggs and GreenFox like this.
  5. Shaia Well-Known Member

hopefully and maybe they can do one for Rebels I hope but I'm not handling this very well right now and i feel sick
    Clony guy and GreenFox like this.
  6. Amnerys Clone Wars Adventures Community Manager

I am so saddened by this. We will of course have the forums open through the end, and probably a little bit longer so we can all be there together and stay in touch.
  7. Darkwaver Well-Known Member

Hopefully I can stay in touch with a few buddies I made on here once the forums close down.
    GreenFox likes this.
  8. Shaia Well-Known Member

well there is the wiki wuher made but I do hope they will keep this open I can only hope
    GreenFox likes this.
  9. Darkwaver Well-Known Member

True, though I am not a member of it. Don't see all that much use in it in the feature.
  10. Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Well, my day is ruined. Shame that this could have lasted longer.

God, I'm so sad now.
  11. Drawmaster1 Well-Known Member

12. Shaia Well-Known Member

tell me about it I can't help it but I'm crying a bit right now cause I have alot of friends on here ugh this is like Galaxies all over again
  13. Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Wish there was a way to keep CWA open. Maybe make it free to play? I just feel like a part of me is missing without it.
    Stunner Dyrion likes this.
  14. Bright Starsong Well-Known Member

I said it would end in the first quarter of this year. People telling me I was wrong. :D You know who you are. :p
    Commander Spikes and GreenFox like this.
  15. It was inevitable, but now we must enjoy what time we have left I suppose.
    Dang man, I just didn't think the time would come truly.
    GreenFox likes this.
  16. Scarecrow Well-Known Member

You jinxed us! Curse you....

:/ :p
  17. Scarecrow Well-Known Member

I really feel this game could have gone on longer. Really, it has no reason to go down. Plenty of content is still left to be made, and now, it won't. Now I'm just depressed...
    Bright Starsong and Drawmaster1 like this.
  18. Bob The Cabbage Active Member

CWA was a good game. It didn't deserve a death like this.
  19. Anakin Recinos CWA Active Member

I'm not going to say I am surprised, but CWA was a great game, but there is so much left to be added...
  20. Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Well, if we can't keep it, I hope we go with a bang. Order 66 anyone?
  21. Shaia Well-Known Member

there was so much I wanted to do and get on here :(
  22. Shaman Well-Known Member

I would play the other SOE titles if some sort of compensatory membership and station cash package was offered to reimburse us for all the time and money we spent here
    Pyrox likes this.
  23. Darkwaver Well-Known Member

Mass Chaos? there are worse ways to go.
  24. Biggs Hexwalk New Member

Here is some sad music.
  25. Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Just told my sister. Now we're both depressed.
  26. Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Its how the Clone Wars ended. Everyone dies. :p
    Bright Starsong likes this.
  27. Darkwaver Well-Known Member

In that case. BEWARE THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR! FORTE DRAKWAVER SHALL SMITE YOU ALL!
  28. GreenFox Active Member

Have I gotten mad at you for your signature yet?! Anyway, I agree that the time we had was great, and the time left will hopefully be great. There is still a hope. How? Just like a lot of things $OE has said a lot of things and PROMISED a lot of things that never happened. This could not happen. It's a VERY VERY long shot, but possible. Having a conversation about it right now in the main hall. People think it's not making a lot of money. I think it's making a lot of money, the game just got over it's peak or is AT it's peak, $OE is just short-staffed.
  29. Morning-Rose Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not surprised. Though it is sad. We saw this coming by the lack of good updates and the over-all care when it came to rule breakers and bugs.
    But...
    We made incredible friends and amazing memories, though some made by RP. I have to say, I didn't get to enjoy the game as much as I could have due to lag and some annoying players.

However, while the game had much potential I will miss this forum a lot because of all my friends here...
  30. Thomas3 Owens3 Active Member

I hope you at least make a singleplayer version of this game so that all my work doesn't go to waste. I spent a lot of money on this game, and all that cash is going out the window... SAD.