Might to Precision ratio

Discussion in 'Powers, Weapons, and Movement' started by Jim Dandy, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Jim Dandy Member

Just wondering what ratio people consider when comparing Might and Precision. In the earlier days it seemed like 1 Precision would be equal to 3 Might (when comparing gear of equal item level). Now it seems items tend to be closer to a 2:1 ratio. My question is, how do you all decide which item to equip when one is Might based, and the other Precision. This is assuming a balanced build between the two stats.
  2. Cataclyzm Well-Known Member

I still go with 3 might being equal to 1 precision.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jim Dandy Member

Me too. I guess old habits die hard.
  4. indee2025 Active Member

What is considered a high might number for a CR88 Fire DPS?
  5. aganusn Active Member

I'm still a might fan. Since I was always fire before gadgets I have over 2000 might and 500+ precision. My damage is great so I guess I'm doing something right.
  6. MetaMax75 Well-Known Member

So at 2000 might you would have 666 precision.

The Precision of the Beast.
    • Like x 3
  7. Jim Dandy Member

Love it. Should make an Eddie character.
  8. SYCL0NE Member

I'm close to that . I have 2008 might with 653 precision and loving it.
  9. Sytenia Well-Known Member

I always add the precision from my weapon when doing that comparison.
    131.1 DPS from rune weapons = 1311 precision.
  10. Heartsbane Well-Known Member

I always go precision. Probably because I'm weapon heavy. I don't use my powers for anything other that getting the damage modifier and occasionally the gg>cryofoam DoT. Probably comes from being a controller in my primary role.
    • Like x 1
  11. Z3R0 Psyker New Member

^^ I love that guy, although he could use more Power so long as he stayed above 50% (unless using Finishing Move)
    Anyone, 3:1 Might: Precision always seems good for a Might based DPS. But if you are a HL Combo DPS or an Earth Aftershock (please learn how to not over-use Aftershocks), then you might want to up it to 3:2, 2:1, or even 1:1 (1:1 really only useful for HL Infinite Combo's)