Remove the fire from my head

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by juicejar, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juicejar Well-Known Member

The flame applied to your head from the fire powerset is quite annoying as it never disappears until warping.
    If I wanted to have fire on me I would have chosen the fire powerset. From the time you have a flame on your head it doesn't disappear until you warp out of the instance. There are no buffs on my character so remove the flame from my character. When the buff ends animation of fire is needs removed just like every other buff in the game.

juicejar
    • Like x 36
  2. Zim Well-Known Member

This animation still baffles me. 1st, why we even have the animation and whose idea it was to begin with. And 2nd, it sometimes just doesnt go away.
    • Like x 4
  3. Yui Well-Known Member

I actually like it. Makes me look like a candle :3
    • Like x 3
  4. Lelouch Well-Known Member

this might turn into a flame war
    • Like x 23
  5. Darkness Active Member

I think it is a bug when it doesn't go away. I usually notice it when you finish an instance or a boss and your head was on fire when it happens, it doesn't always go away.
  6. Solmes202 Well-Known Member

If they put out the fire on my head where am I going to roast my marshmallows ?! :)
  7. Frostbight Well-Known Member

they make a cream for that
    • Like x 4
  8. AhuraMazda New Member

Flamey Head gets me going. I usually only get it for 30 seconds at a time, but I find it pretty sweet.
  9. NyteSkye Active Member

I like it. It looks funny on my character.
  10. Little Sister Well-Known Member

I don't play Fire, so I've actually been wondering this: when a fire user does the move that makes my character have fire on her head, is that some kinda Buff? Or purely visual?
  11. SoylentBob Well-Known Member

Does this mean Larfleeze is going to lose his new Santa hat?
    [IMG][IMG]
  12. Dogzday Well-Known Member

It's some buff. I think it is when the Fire players do their fire AoE attack that bestows Immolation upon your allies. Immolation's effect basically reflects some damage back to the attacker (without mitigating damage) so it's purely a DPS move [Edit: I'm not sure about how it works differently for Tanks] that only benefits the Fire user.

To OP: I also think the visual effects of having your head on fire after a prolonged periond of time (seemingly glitched) is not to our particular taste. My character looks like some retro-futuristic engineer guy (kinda like Dead Space's Isaac) and I don't think engineers should have their heads on fire. Figuratively yes because they are critical thinkers but not literally!
  13. Shazam Active Member

Ghost Rider......maybe they really like him secretly..
  14. Meta Flare Well-Known Member

we have it so the fire tank and those around him know whether or not they hae the immolation buff. as for it never going away, ive been fire since forever and i was pumped for this change and it always goes away for me.

i wish they would make this into an aura same with the blue lightning and the frost. i want an aura for each power set but not have them limited to those powers only. i know it was off topic but ive been thinking about it for a while now and this seemed like a good time to bring it up.
    • Like x 1
  15. EP Ice Well-Known Member

Out of all the things I have seen people complain about on this forum this one is kind of petty. I mean no disrespect to the OP but is it really that big a deal that you have fire on your head? It doesn't take away from anything you are doing but you just don't like seeing it.
    • Like x 3
  16. Lavitra New Member

It bestows Immolation on you, which is from the Inferno ability from a fire user. It should go away after a bit, but if it doesn't it's a bug. It's actually good for fire users because it's an indicator whether or not Immolation is active.
    • Like x 1
  17. Statman Well-Known Member

It's good to note that the Avatar of Magic can put a similar effect on you that doesn't seem to disappear for a long time - this can happen in Gates and Prime.

If it's from Immolation though, it's definitely a visual bug.
  18. Nodens Well-Known Member

...Then you must have a pretty interesting character, since every one I've seen so far has looked absolutely freakin' STUPID with that effect. I know I didn't ask for it, and I want it removed.
    • Like x 1
  19. Maxx_Watt Well-Known Member

I was thinking the ghost of chritmas past in the Jim Carry scrooge movie
  20. Dump Truck Well-Known Member

It is bugged - I think it's funny when I give group members perma burning heads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.