Unable to retrieve assets from server

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Issues' started by ARCHIVED-balgor86, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Just bought and installed the game and like many other people I'm getting the "Unable to retrieve assets from the server." error when launching the game.
    Nobody online seems to have a solution for this besides disabling the firewall.

Is it really that difficult to make this game run?
  2. ARCHIVED-yca Guest

you have security setup on your end that prevents the game from running for you. do what you were told and disable the firewall and the game will run just fine.
  3. I don't have a firewall running, period.

Really confused.
  4. What Operating System are you running?
    Right click the desktop icon > Run as administrator..
  5. Windows 7.

Ran as admin, didn't a thing.

Ran with compatibility for windows xp Sp 3, same deal.
  6. If you are running Win7, then you do have a firewall.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall\Allowed Programs

Add DC Universe and DC Universe Windows Client

If that doesn't work, then you might have to open some ports on your router. Or you network might be blocking the connection.
  7. Yes, windows 7 has a firewall. I have it disabled. I also enabled it, added DC online, didn't make a difference.
    I do not have a router. I have a modem which is directly connected to my Pc. I also just got off the phone with my ISP, there is no firewall on their side that is blocking it.

Kinda lost for words right now.
  8. are you running any anti-virus/anti-malware/net security software?

try disabling it temporarily.
  9. Disabling any security software is a good diagnostic step - however, if that fails, you may want to reinstall using our launchpad here. You can do a fresh install or use the 'repair' option.
    That failing, run these commands from a dos prompt and PM me the results from the text file it generates - or open a ticket and attach the file here.
  10. TSR-MattG wrote:
    Doing the repair actually got me somewhere!

People had listed that it didn't help fix the issue in the past, so I didn't bother trying it.

11. Necroing thread as I've been following it's instructions for the issue, however the installation repair didn't solve things for me.

solved it, forgot to remove an unrelated proxy.