Ancient Dilemma.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion' started by Aree Soothsayer, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Aree Soothsayer Active Member

Okay you know an ancient is going to spawn. You know the flightpath. You're with guildies and one grabs it midair by flying into it and getting it to attack him. On the way down so he can tag it a ranger flys over to some upthrusting piece of ruin and starts shooting that is visibly following one player while another is on the ground waiting to tagging it.

Stealing or not Stealing?
    Arlem likes this.
  2. Newb Active Member

Hard to say to be honest and it will come down to morals. Would you do the same thing if someone was flying with it chasing them? Some would since its free game till someone attacks it wile some would just leave it alone since chances are they want it. One way he could have done it is get it somewhat low raise up demount and hit it in the air.
  3. Aree Soothsayer Active Member

I believe in fair play. IF someone else obvious has it then it's theirs. I'll cheer them on. However I know that 60% or more of the online population aren't like that.
    Arlem likes this.
  4. Cassandra Well-Known Member

I didn't even know you could lure them from midair to another spot and tag them. I had Lunar frost spawn right in front of me and fly over my head, so I started following him since he was in midair, and I was going to attack once he landed. So I follow him for a minute and then someone else randomly flies over, lures him to the edge of cliff and tags him there and starts fighting him. Then he fell off the cliff and died so I tried to attack Lunar on the cliff too, and got the tag.. but then I got knocked off the cliff too. But I didn't die, but I couldn't get back up to Lunar since he was up on some cliff and I was way down on the ground, still in combat so I couldn't get on my dragon and fly up. So I run off to get out of combat so that I can fly back up, and that other guy came back, but Lunar returned to his flight path in the sky and now there was a bunch of other people there, dive bombing him in the sky and trying to lure him away somewhere. Someone else ended up luring him to the tall rock archway over the railroad tracks and glitching him into the side of the rock, while they, a ranger, landed on a tiny little edge above Lunar, and just shot at him from safety without getting attacked or having to move. They were able to lower his health far enough to get tamed without even having to move an inch. So Lunar got stolen from me that way. =( I was so mad.
    Arlem likes this.
  5. Cassandra Well-Known Member

wow, right after I make this post I start flying towards town and guess who I see flying past me? but Lunar Frost! xD and no one was around at all, and I cap him and he's the ten slot I've been looking for! today's my lucky daaaay
  6. Aree Soothsayer Active Member

Ah I saw your world announcement.

Good for you! :cool:
    Arlem likes this.
  7. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

I don't enjoy that rangers have the ability to shot at targets that other people don't have the same ability to tag, but I also don't enjoy people playing bumper cars to lure dragons. If someone is doing one, than I suppose it is fair game to do the other. In any event in the game of the hunt, anything is fair game if it means you get the tag because there is no establishment of rules. So you use all resources available to you, as long as that is not out of game exploits.

Gratz on finding the dragon you were looking for Cassandra, would upset me too if I lost a dragon that way.
    Arlem likes this.
  8. SeekeRph Member

Taunt dragon soul skill is the solution to your problems -Ginantonic
  9. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

As far as I know we can't taunt while mid-flight and once the dragon is tagged, taunting won't do anything. All you'll be doing is forcing aggro onto yourself and if you don't have the tag you won't be doing anything productive.

Also when farming ancients I try not to use any ds skills, those points sometimes take their time coming back. Once a group is on a dragon its going in a few seconds so you'll want to be fast.
  10. SeekeRph Member

Then you prolly havent seen it steal "tag" before, no worries.. I wont speak of it again..
  11. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

That is an exploit then and probably shouldn't have been mentioned if you want it kept that way.
  12. SeekeRph Member

I mentioned it coz it's not doable anymore.. :p was guilty of this before the patch. sorry to add confusion
  13. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

14. drmambo199 Member

I think there should be a "tag" function while flying so if you see an ancient that is flying first you can tag it and if you get too far away from the dragon, it can reset. I have been fortunate in my sightings and have been able to tag all three ancients i have tamed without having to compete too much with a swarm of players. I hear stories of this all the time though and I have to say, I would be very upset if this happened to me.