Ancients with lowest spawn times

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion' started by Lelein, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Lelein Well-Known Member

Do you guys know what ancients have the lowest spawn rates? I heard cobalt comes up every 3-6 hours. Are the ones in the beginner maps spawn faster?
  2. Zeshin Active Member

Cobalt is currently the fastest I believe.
  3. Adena Well-Known Member

All ancients have the same 'lowest spawn rate'. Ancients have a random spawn time between about 2 hours and 2 days so players can't easily camp them. I'm not sure where people got the idea Cobalt has a fast spawn time, they probably got lucky and he decided to spawn a few hours in a row in succession.
  4. race Member

Actually thats incorrect - Cobalt can and does spawn several times a day.
    Zeshin likes this.
  5. Arlem Well-Known Member

And he (cobalt) occasionally bugs! I'll put up a wonderfully long video for you all on youtube detailing a rather long and arduous process of hunting him that ended with him being... well slain unfortunately...
  6. Zeshin Active Member

See if it was just me saying this about a timer sure I could go for it being luck. Thing is though there are lots and lots of players who have come to the same conclusions as I have(now while probability says that it could still be luck and we are all just experiencing it, that is incredibly unlikley). I have personally camped many of these Ancients and timed them, while yes they do seem to have a bit of wiggle room on spawning, they do not all sit on a random 2hr-48hr timer. Hell Whispering Wind alone blows that notion right out of the water with taking 6-8days to respawn(this is why you don't see everyone riding around on him, well that and he cannot be poped from a flute).
  7. Garuda Active Member

Every ancient has a different spawn time. Currently, I believe the shortest is cobalt with 2-3 hours while the longest is Whispering Wind with 6-8ish days. As far as the other ancients, people need to do more experimenting... I believe Fungal Bloom is around 48 hours, but don't quote me on that.
  8. Lelein Well-Known Member

Some of my guild mates also informed me that they changed the rates in the hotfix and didn't publish it anywhere...
  9. badbrad Active Member

very very wrong. Each dragon has its own timer that is variable. cobalts is 2 1/2 to 3 and 1/2 hours. wispering wind is 6 days-8 days. the starter zones all have differnent. one has an 8 hour+- one hours or so. pale has one between 18 and 24 last i checked. and the other idk. fungal and midnight shade i believe are in ~2 day respawn timer.
  10. Lelein Well-Known Member

I camped Cobalt for like 12 hours yesterday at his spawn location by Aryna's and didn't see him once :(

It may have been 2-3 hours in the past, but I think it may have changed...
  11. badbrad Active Member

nope and he can spawn on either side. better to camp slightly inward on his route if you are going to camp one spot.
    Keith Smith likes this.
  12. Adena Well-Known Member

Don't understand the whispering wind part. Two guild friends caught it twice in the space of 2 days.
  13. Garuda Active Member

If there was a server reset at any point within those two days, EVERY ancient is re spawned after every reset/maintenance, and in the end, reset its timer. Or, they might have been in two separate servers.
  14. Sweet N Creamy Active Member

Because people have reported seeing him literately on the same channel caught between 3 hours of each time. I was just on another thread confirming two time frames of only 3 hour difference.