Dragon Armor Upgrades *Visual*

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion' started by Sweetheart, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Sweetheart Well-Known Member

As stated in this thread, and this thread too, we are in need of better dragon armor and I would like to visually share my thoughts.

[IMG]

A perfect example of a good dragon armor, starring the Vibrant Ridgecrest Dragon.

Changes:

• Tail and Head armor added
    • Full wing/back armor modified to cover larger portions of the dragons wing/back
    • Added "Hide Dragon Armor" option, same feature as "Hide Secondary Dragons" and "Hide Secondary Effects" to regulate lag that the armor may produce for players. Could also use the display feature similar to player costumes to hide certain parts of armor that seem to cover too much of your pretty dragon
    • Fixed issue where armor appeared to rotate around the limbs of moving dragons - modified to properly "glue" to the dragon.
    It is a common myth that the less armor one wears somehow gives them more protection. Example: Pretty ladies in mithril bikinis. I am here to day to claim that this is a lie. As you can see here, it is easy to spot the safe battle regalia against the not so safe battle attire:

[IMG]

I hope my idea has been well received, thank you for reading :3
  2. Hope Member

I would personally love Head armour. :D Its #SUPERMETAL
    Arlem likes this.
  3. Arlem Well-Known Member

This idea has been around for a bit now. I like your visuals though. Haha.

Here is my original post... or one of them maybe. This wasn't even an original thread for this stuff.

LINK<- click me i'm good for you
    DarthDildor, TFOBladewing and Hope like this.
  4. Sweetheart Well-Known Member

Successfully added your link at the top of my post, they must know we mean business (f-,.,-)f
  5. Fallacy Member

Those pictures though, girl. It actually made me chuckle! Great job on this post. You have my full support.
    Sweetheart and TFOBladewing like this.
  6. Sweetheart Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Arlem and Hope like this.
  7. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

That would certain make the dragons look a bit better, and would be a huge improvement on the minimalistic armor the have now. But, I would also want the option to toggle off the visibility of the armor for dragons like balge, and darksteel that would look best without the armor.
    Arlem likes this.
  8. Adena Well-Known Member

I want armour like this, but on a dragon instead. Do you not realise how amazing this would be? :<
    [IMG]
    Fallacy, Arlem, Hope and 1 other person like this.
  9. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

And with that, dragons can also accept jobs as court jesters!
    Arlem, TFOBladewing and Hope like this.
  10. Hope Member

Good, i don't like my Dragons Freeloading anyways.
    Arlem, TFOBladewing and DarthDildor like this.
  11. Sweetheart Well-Known Member

Yes, this was addressed on the 3rd bullet under Changes :p
    Arlem likes this.
  12. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just woke up at that point and kinda blindly looked at it. QQ
    Arlem likes this.
  13. Pibblesworth New Member

I almost nearly made a post about this very thing yesterday.

I don't want anyone to think that I'm in the know about this sort of things, but actually implementing this after release would be a bit difficult I would imagine. I think I read this game uses the GamBryo engine (TES games) and from my experience with those particular games, armor pieces are individual models that replace section on the player model. Then the textures have to match your characters skin color. There are a lot variations with each type of dragon with slight or major texture differences and even major differences in their models (Rhino behemoths to Squelch type behemoths). This means that 1 armor won't fit all. They would have to adapt the model for each type and then make many many many textures to support each variation of dragon.

It's something they could have done sure, but it would have been a much much larger undertaking than the pretty lame dragon armor system we have now.

However, they could do it for exclusive dragons only. Much easier to pull off with a single dragon than all of them. Could be a potential untapped goldmine on DP's cash shop. Buy dragon, don't like how it looks? Check out the armor selection. Maybe a free 'test ride' dragon for players that reach cap to provide some insensitive to get a c-store one. Like a limited number of slots kinda ugly land dragon with 1 armor option but enough to peak interest in the armor system and get something nicer on the eyes.
    Arlem likes this.
  14. Adena Well-Known Member

Okay, now you've done it. Heroine-y themed RN set coming right up. This is what happens if I start reading these forum threads with Photoshop CS6 up.[IMG]
    Cassandra, Sweetheart, Hope and 2 others like this.
  15. Arlem Well-Known Member

I'll trade you something for it...
    TFOBladewing likes this.
  16. Cassandra Well-Known Member

yeeeeeees please I have been wanting full body armour for my dragons ever since the first time I went into Artecia in Laedis during closed beta and saw the lines of shockwave gale dragons at the front gateway, I was so excited after I saw them thinking we would be able to get armours like those in game eventually when I leveled up more. What a sad sad disappointment it was when I found out that all we got for OUR dragons was some shoddy pieces of metal shoulder pads and anklets and that was it. Heck, I would have even been happy if we just got cool little helms for our dragons that just covered their heads/faces, even without all the rest of the full body armour. =(

What we REALLY need is awesome full body armours like this thread is talking about, and some really awesome and cool looking ones with lots of spikes and things, and THEN LET US DYE THEM. They already listened to my plea for letting us make dragon armour into costumes now, we just need way better full body armours and the ability to dye them now, please! We can dye our own armour, why can't we dye our dragon's armour too? =( gotta make them match our colourful dragons!
    Sweetheart likes this.
  17. Sweetheart Well-Known Member

I agree, dying them is also a fabulous idea!
    Cassandra likes this.
  18. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

We probably will be able to dye dragons armor eventually. While we may not get actual armor that is fully body, because dragons now have costume slots they will probably sell costumes for dragons that look like what we are requesting. Along with tuxedos, and various others silly outfits. At least that is what I think and hope for.