Dragon Glamor/Costume

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion' started by Roojie, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Roojie Member

I want to propose the option/ability to use a dragon you have caught/own as a glamor/costume for another of the same type. The same way armor works.

For example: You have Pale. But you really like Indigo, and you have an Indigo, but it sucks compared to Pale. So you take the spare indigo you have and put it in the proposed "Costume" Slot and Pale's image changes to that of Indigo.
    or you have Crow Bone, but you already trained Inferno, but you have always wanted Crow Bone and cant afford to just throw out Inferno... problem solved. Make your Crow Bone a cosmetic and slot him in like armor.

I have a few dragons I would like to do this to. Even if I had to turn the spare dragon I want to use as a costume into a useless cosmetic item. (Seriously. After a while, catching Ancients or other cool dragons that suck compared to your main of that type gets old. I Do not need 3 Onyx Smokes. Seriously. Love the dragon but my main is Level 52, 10 slot monster... not gonna train another.)
    I've always found that cosmetic items are a good way to make money without breaking a game and I wonder how many people would like something like this as well. Because I, for one, get really pissed when I catch exactly what I want and have to pretty much throw it aside because I already spent money and weeks training another dragon. It also deters me from buying marketplace dragons because. I DON'T WANNA RETRAIN THEM. *twitch* But I like how they look.
    Kiyae, Sholf, Arlem and 1 other person like this.
  2. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

This actually sounds like a great idea. People go after dragons for their skin, but you only train one or two dragons really. So we are left having are few main dragons, and a bunch half trained dragons we mean to work on. Being able to turn dragons into skins would certainly help the situation.

My idea for this issue was a bit more complex...
    It was adding the ability to transfer skills and slots and level to dragons of the same type. Say you have a level seventy fully skilled ten slot pale radiance, and a four recursive nightmare. This will allow you to switch them, so you will end with a four slot pale, and a level seventy ten slot skilled recursive.

But, your idea makes it much easier. However, I would still like to retain the dragon after its made into a skin and not destroyed in the same way armor is.
    Arlem likes this.
  3. RyeRye Member

Aww... I thought this thread was going to be about giving my dragon a top hat... I is depressed =(

I guess this would be ok, but I want top hats for my dragons too.
    Arlem and DarthDildor like this.
  4. Roojie Member

I do want top hats and other assorted goodies; but I'm tackling one thing at a time. XD (My main dragon seriously needs his armor dyed and a big cape)
    Transferring skills and slots crossed my mind too, I wish I'd found your thread before I posted this one, Darth. Both would work great to solve the problem.
    Arlem and DarthDildor like this.
  5. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

I actually don't think I made a thread, unless I shoved it into someone else's.
    I keep a lot of ideas just sealed in my head for the opportune moment to disclose them. :p
    Arlem and TFOBladewing like this.
  6. aharttsx Member

I made a post about something very similar to this a while back, with pretty much the same idea lol. Would be something I'd love to incorporate, would help give a reason to have all the dragons that I do, not to mention it'd be nice to change the looks of my dragons every once in a while!
  7. Sholf New Member

I'd totally use this feature even if it makes the "costumed" dragon useless.

Maybe add a dragon version of the Costume Transformation Elixir in marketplace that would turn a dragon into a costume skin item? It would be a win-win, SOE gets more money and I can have 1 main dragon with a bunch of skins xD
  8. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

I would prefer if the dragon wasn't destroyed in the process. Unless they sold an item that lets you undo the costume process for the dragon and make it a dragon again.
  9. ZaKuRiiN Member

i doubt they would ever do this, mostly because like you are saying now you got a main that's awesome and a new one that looks cool but isn't so awesome, it would take away the money they make from people buying training whips, and other money they would spend on the second dragon trying to get it good aswell
  10. Jen8650 Active Member

Hmmm...I thought about it and decided that I don't like the idea of copying the skin/costume of a pretty but weak dragon and using it to fancify your best dragon, since that takes away from the whole challenge of finding the -perfect- dragon who is both cool looking and has good slots or soul skills. However, I do love the idea of being able to put costumes on your dragons...and they soo deserve to be able to wear helmets...or top hats
    Cassandra and Kajiri like this.
  11. Ithirahad New Member

Personally, I was hoping that "dragon costumes" had something to do with being able to give our dragons proper armor instead of just awkward bits on the joints... But this is a great idea too. (And is much less work, I suppose.)