SC points

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion' started by FreddyK, Oct 1, 2013.

1. FreddyK New Member

Is there a way to earn SC points other than buying them from the store? I know in some other free MMOs you can earn the games "cash" points through doing certain quests, playing for so long, etc. Does Dragon's Prophet have anything like that or is it strictly a purchase using cash model?
  2. Mystogan Well-Known Member

Only purchase.
  3. Arlem Well-Known Member

They do have something akin to it in game. These are called Dragon Insignias. You get these, by doing daily quests. You can do 10 daily quests per day, which gives you 100 dragon insignias per day (10 per quest turn in)

The daily quests are the blue exclamation mark quests on your map and tracker.

There are purchasable items (using SC or 500 Dragon Insignias) to allow you to do additional sets of ten a day, per item.
    Adena and FreddyK like this.
  4. FreddyK New Member

Can you use Dragon Insignias to purchase SC points? I'm wanting to unlock the other dragon slots beyond just the 2 but don't want to spend actual money on the SC points needed if it can be avoided.
    Arlem likes this.
  5. Mystogan Well-Known Member

You cannot purchase sc with insignias.

You CAN earn up to 100 insignias a day. To unlock a dragon slot, you need 3000 inisignias, about 1 month.

I stand by what i say, you cant get sc unless u buy them or be involved in a lucky sweep.
    Arlem likes this.
  6. JeyD02 Active Member

you can always try logging into clonewarsadventures.com to get free 85 sc :)
    Lelein, Arlem and Mystogan like this.
  7. Adena Well-Known Member

I like the dragon insignias, moreso now they've added the important dragon slots that were initially the driving force of scaring away new players. They're expensive, but if they were cheap SoE wouldn't get any income, and at the end of the day they're a functioning business model.
    Arlem likes this.
  8. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

There would be no point in buying sc with insignias because they can be used in place of sc in just about every case. The market only functions in game so there would be no reason to want to get sc separately, unless you somehow plan on using it for another game. In any case I would stick to the insignias for things that can be bought for less than 500 of them and anything over use sc.
  9. FreddyK New Member

I know for some MMOs you can buy a card with the points loaded on them at stores, like Gamestop or Target. Does SOE have any cards like that? I saw some at Gamestop but they listed specific games that it worked for and Dragons Prophet was not one of them. Does anyone know?
  10. DarthDildor Well-Known Member

They once had a sale a while back, or more like a contest. Buying a $15 sc card from best buy would return a certain amount to you, but they proved hard to find. I am certain best buy has the card, but you will need to order them and if the sc is for you why not just get it off their site.
  11. Vinxnotha Member

As long as it says station cash, they will work. DP is not on them, because DP was not out when those were printed. As long as it is not a specific card... ( ONLY for 1 game, like say SW: Clone Wars)

When it has multiple games on it, it is for station cash. If you have a Walmart near you, I know the cards there give extra SC.
    Ankh Legacy and Eternity's Girl like this.
  12. Kretén New Member

just an fyi, it doesn't matter if the card is for a specific game, you can use the sc for any sony game that uses them. some of the specific cards will have abonus for the game that is for, though.
  13. Kretén New Member

having trouble editing my post, but this is from soe

Can I use Station Cash in other Free to Play games?
    Yes, Station Cash is tied to each player's account. For example, if you were to redeem a Free Realms™ Station Cash card for 500 Station Cash, that Station Cash would also be redeemable for items in the EverQuest®, and EverQuest® II Marketplace.

edit: weird, i can edit this one, but not the other
  14. FreddyK New Member

Cool. Thanks all. I sometimes get Gamestop gift cards for free and thought about redeeming one for a SC card. Just didn't want to spend the gift card if it wouldn't be useable in DP.
  15. burfii Active Member

Join a guild that regularly hosts events to give away SC gift cards to winners :)