Account recovery

Discussion in 'Account Related Support (Billing, Password)' started by ARCHIVED-Raventox, Jul 11, 2008.

1. I have a question about recovering an old account..
    Been away from EQ for about 5 years, but now im back with a problem. I had 2 accounts, and i had no problem with the first account name and password. But i realy cant rememeber the name on my main account. Now the problem is that after 5 long years i lost my mail and got a new one.
    My question is... Is there any other way to recover my account? Does it help if i can rememeber my druids name on the account? :) And that u can see that im the same person paying for the account as of 5 years ago?
    Must be someting i can do... I miss my druid! :( Beside.. SoE gets another inactive account up and running again, and therefor more money. :p
  2. From what I've heard, the key to getting an otherwise lost account is to have the credit card number that you used to pay for the account on hand when you call in for support. That way, they can directly connect the caller and the account.
  3. Okie... So i have to call the support? :) Im from denmark, so it wont be cheap. :p But if there is no other way then i guess ill try. :)
  4. Hmm... you may want to contact Eovania -- she's a Euro service rep. She focuses on the German speaking sides of things, but she will definitely know more than I! =)
  5. Sweet ok thanks for the help.. Will try that. :)
  6. Basically to recover and old account first the rep on the phone has to locate it, there is 4 ways to locate the account:

1.- Game/Account key that came with the retail box (Does not apply for digital download).
    2.- Old email address the account was under.
    3.- First 4 and last 4 of the credit card that was paying for the account.
    4.- Exact character name.

After the account is located the rep will have to verify it to release the information, if its an active of recently active account (2006 and up) he will ask for the following:

1.- Security answer to security question (If there is one, if not he will ask for birth date on the account).
    2.- Name on credit card that was paying for it.
    3.- Last 4 of the same credit card.

If the account is old and most likely the customer wont have the last 4 of credit card:

1.- Security answer to security question (If there is one, if not he will ask for birth date on the account).
    2.- Name on credit card that was paying for it.
    3.- Billing address of last time we billed the account.

TSR Paul P