Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Geroblue, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Geroblue Augur

The help said we can use our own avatars. I checked in my profile, so I guess we don't get that ability right away ?

Thanks !
  2. Voodoman Augur

Copy cat!
  3. Shang Augur

Original EQLive.. you need 500 posts to edit, and like 2500 for an avatar.

Get ready.
  4. Caudyr Augur

The forums we just left required 100 posts, because I remember getting the ability to edit at that post count and being like: THANK YOU! -_-
  5. I think originally it was set to like 250, but they lowered it fairly soon to 100. I think a few weeks after most of the regular posters got to whatever the limite was. I think that the Avatar thing is just another thing they forgot to set to be useable by all. If not, then I think we could use a list of the Point thresholds and what those thresholds open up.
  6. Calirian Journeyman

I bet it's going to have something to do with the "rewards" thingies that we get for posting. Just a guess anyway:) So post farmers get ready!
  7. Nolrog Augur

Time to restart the old OT game threads. The person below me . . . .
  8. JERUS Augur

+1! :D
  9. Geroblue Augur

Not a copy cat, but a clone. :)
  10. Cakvala Augur

Ill be doing a complete set of fun avatars that fit this new image requirement if anyone is interested. Ill post them in this forum.

In the mean time everyone pad their post count!
    Geroblue and RekMMO like this.
  11. Geroblue Augur

I would go pad pad pad, but that is the sound, or so I've heard, a saberteeth cat makes at night as it comes up behind you.
  12. Piestro Augur

There is no current option to use your own avatars on these forums. As always it is something we can consider for the future, but there are no plans at this time. Have a link to where it says you can so I can get that changed?
  13. Voodoman Augur

Piestro is a meany, I want my Charmander back :(
    Dzarn, Piestro and Geroblue like this.
  14. Tobynn Augur

Since there are no plans to introduce any customization, WTB the ability to hide avatars.

Since the avatars in no way serve as visual landmarks, providing the ability to recognize certain posters at a glance, they are in essence visual noise -- clutter that serves no purpose.
  15. RekMMO Lorekeeper

I hope they at least throw in some holiday avatars. Or add new ones in general from time to time.
  16. Naeeleu Elder

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/soe-forum-guidelines.5/
    6) Signature and Avatars are Welcome - SOE forums allow posters to use custom Avatars and signatures. These are allowed under the following conditions:
    The current maximum size allowed for a forum avatar is 130px by 130px.
    The current maximum size allowed for a signature is 500px by 150px and 1500KB.
    Political, religious, or any images which may be considered inappropriate are not allowed.
    Any signatures or avatars not meeting these criteria may be removed. Repeated violations may result in the removal of your ability to use custom avatars and signatures.
  17. Piestro Augur

Would love a list of ones you'd like. We are talking about a few ideas internally.
  18. Geroblue Augur

I do easily pick out posters if they use custom avatars. And as pointed out above, SOE likes them. Gosh darn it. I wanna see custom avatars again.
  19. Geroblue Augur

The ones that were available just before these new forums came in would be nice. The fall and halloween type avatars.

edit: how about the solar system Norrath is part of ? Or a drawing of Norrath and Luclin ?
    RekMMO likes this.
  20. RekMMO Lorekeeper

Halloween Ideas:

Ghoul
    Spectre
    Hag
    Zombie
    Scarecrow
    Mummy
    Rotdog
    Scareling
    Boogeyman