d3dx9_30.dll "is missing"

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Issues (Anything not covered)' started by ARCHIVED-Serinay, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Hello,
    First, I just re-enabled my Everquest account like a day or two ago after about 6 years of inactivity. I use Windows 7 with DirectX 11. And after hours of updating, the Launcher downloaded and patched all of the game files successfully. So, soon after I press Play, I get the following message:

"The program can't start because d3dx9_30.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I have looked under the Knowledge Base articles to find solutions to this, but they seem unrelated or outdated. And currently Live Chat is not available yet. So I wanted to find out from the community if this is simply because EverQuest is not compatible with Windows 7 or more specifically DirectX 11.
  2. Everquest still uses DirectX9 exclusively. There is a base version of it on your system already, but EQ needs more files. Download & install the DirectX9.0c redistributable (approx 103mb). This will not harm DirectX11 in any way, it just is not backward compatible.
  3. if you use w7 ,download the latest dx(feb)as administrator and everything should be running without running the compatibility mode.it run for me (w7 64,dx11,ati 5770 1gb,etc)