Duo partner for bard

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by ARCHIVED-Rednalos, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Rednalos Guest

I am looking to make a character to duo with my bard (currently 63). I know leveling to the same level is pretty quick so am wondering what would be the best class to duo with a bard is. Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-tkwist Guest

Haven't seen many bard duos, but of the ones that I've seen, the two that work the best seem to be Shadow Knight w/ Bard and Bard w/ Cleric. If you do SK + bard, you will most likely be using either 1 healer + dps or 2 healers. If you use bard + cleric, you will most likely always be using 2 dps mercs, but your bard will be puller and tank. I'd probably recommend bard + cleric the most.
  3. ARCHIVED-anayilea Guest

I have seen some pretty sucessful bard/shammy combos as well
  4. ARCHIVED-jolanar Guest

Literally any class in the game will do great with a bard. The only class that you might not want is an Enchanter, but even that will work fine if it's the class you want to play.
  5. ARCHIVED-Telson3 Guest

If you're doing group stuff (and if you're boxing, you're likely doing just that) almost anything WILL work with a bard.
    I have done with just about everything, and I'll say this - you want something with dps, and until you get serious gear, you'll want a tank merc.
    Casters really seem to be easier to box, especially if you're pulling with the bard. Melee w/ bard is just too many buttons, even with /melody.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rednalos Guest

Thanks, I have a 71 druid I will box with it with a tank merc to do back up heals and dps. Seems to be working well so far as not planning to much more than grouping.
  7. ARCHIVED-oogol Guest

Id say bard with shammy then a tank and healer merc so you can dps with the sham aswell as help the merc heal I currently run zerker/ranger/wiz/sham with a tank merc and healer merc I use sham for slows and dps the cleric merc heals the tank fine in SS only time I use sham for heals is when I get 2 mobs in camp or for namers But a bard can definitely benefit being paired with just about any class especially with mercs now so id say box whatever class you like best with bard
  8. ARCHIVED-Tettzou_ Guest

My current setup is a Warrior + healer merc and my bard (alt) + rogue merc.
    I just started playing a bard 2 months ago and I keep asking myself why I hadn't created one sooner.