Missing d3dx9_30.dll

Discussion in 'Performance Support (Video, Sound, Crashing)' started by ARCHIVED-joel81nj, Dec 19, 2006.

1. I got a new computer and downloaded eq but when i press play it tells me im missing d3dx9_30.dll. Any i dea's on what i can do?
  2. Every link to this thing goes nowhere.
    I downloaded the April directx update, where do i install those files too.
    The answer is not in the list of top issues even though the directx issue is there.
    Where do I put these new cab & dll files.
  3. Continuing our efforts to keep pace with current technology, EverQuest has been upgraded to the April 2006 patch of DirectX9.0c to allow us to take advantage of many of the new features and fixes since our last upgrade in the middle of 2003.

1. Download the April 2006 DirectX 9.0C redistributable version (Caution: Download is about 52 MB). Save it to the desktop folder.
    2. Double-click on the file directx_apr2006_redist. When it asks you where to unpack the files, type C:\temp and click ok. It will ask you if you want to create the directory. Click on Yes.

3. Click on Start, then Run. Type C:\temp\dxsetup.exe and click Ok.

4. Accept the license agreement. Allow the installer to update the DirectX components.
  4. 1. Get the March 2008 DirectX 9.0C redistributable version (Caution: Download is about 64 MB) at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...;displaylang=en --March, 2008 Directx 9c Redistribution Package--
    2. Run directx_march2008_redist.exe. Extract the files to an easily identifiable directory. This is the 1st most important part, getting the right file. Create folders like these, c:\directx or c:\download\directx, then extract the package into it.
    3. Go to the directory the files were extracted to in step and Run "DXSETUP.EXE" from that directory. This is the 2nd most important part, going to the right directory and actually running setup program.
    4. Accept the license agreement. Allow the installer to update the DirectX components.

Incase there are other games you play, you may need additional components.
  5. none of this works.
    I have spent 12 hours reinstalling and repatching and I get this error.
  6. indogeetarz wrote:
    Reinstalling/repatching what, exactly? EQ does NOT install the file, it is a Windows component file. The error is Windows saying that EQ can not run cause it can not locate that particularly file in its Windows folders/subfolders, which is an update module for dx9c. The link provided in the post just before yours is the package that needs to be, basically, unzipped, then the Setup.exe ran to install all updated modules upto Nov 2008.

1. Get the November 2008 DirectX 9.0C redistributable version (Caution: Download is about 86 MB) at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...;displaylang=en --November, 2008 Directx 9c Redistribution Package--

2. Run directx_november2008_redist.exe. Extract the files to an easily identifiable directory. This is the 1st most important part, getting the right file. Create folders like these, c:\directx or c:\download\directx, then extract the package into it. (do NOT unpack it in your EQ directory NOR Windows directories)

3. Go to the directory the files were extracted to in step and Run "DXSETUP.EXE" from that directory. This is the 2nd most important part, going to the right directory and actually running setup program.

The other option is to download and run the dxwebsetup, a small INITIAL download, then it will download/install any missing files (though it will not necessary install if any files are damaged).
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...;displaylang=en
    Make sure you have admin rights and that antivirus program is not interfering.