Progression and Jewelcraft

Discussion in 'Tradeskill and Homeshow Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-theshadow81, Jan 8, 2011.

1. So, we know that the upcoming Progression server will use the new Spell Research system. What about the system for Jewelcraft?

I have two serious concerns which cause me to bring this up:
    1) The old recipes produce statless items. Are all the needed items in place to make useful items immediately on Progression? Do the primary gems (like Taaffeite, but lower, as opposed to the secondary gems like peridots and opals) even drop in old world content?
    2) I'm not sure that the Trio Jewelry which replaced the old recipes isn't overpowered for content older than Omens of War. I haven't yet gone to the effort of working out the stats at level 50, for example, but I think I have good reason to worry here.
  2. theshadow81 wrote:
    Yes, we are using the new system.
    One of the ways we are handling this is by not allowing some of the higher stat gems to drop until later. This is mostly the "primary gems" as you mentioned. This will allow players to make items very similar to the original, with very similar "power" ranges. The original jewelry had very few stats, often just one, so by mixing and matching a few gems you can make what you want. Perhaps a bit more powerful than original, but not crazily overpowered. Secondary gems CAN be used in the primary slot, so... they will work until the higher powered gems start dropping, which will equate to about the time the revamp was done.
  3. Dev-Ngreth wrote:
    so no jewelry that is req level 50 or below has more then 65hp/mana or more then 7 to a stat which i think was max for platinum JC back in the day?
  4. Dev-Ngreth wrote:
    Cool. Thank you

Edit: Reading Fail. Nothing else to see here!
  5. Thulack wrote:
    It will not be perfect. You WILL be able to make things that were not
    I looked at a calculator, and using emeralds and opal I could get 60 HME and put in one more single stat gem for about either 4 in a stat 5 in a save or 5 AC.
    Also popular will likely be fire emerald which is a 5 damage shield, but for that you wither loose HP or Mana/END
    This is using Platinum (Recomended level 35) which will be the max in the beginning.
    Velium moves that up to 90 HME and on more single stat gem for 7 in a stat, 6 AC, or 8 save. The DS goes up to 7. (recomended level 50)
    Then there is no more jumps until you hit Gates of Discord and start being able to find drop there and get Palladium.
  6. Perhaps a bit more powerful than original, but not crazily overpowered.
    If Gnomish heat sources are available on progression before POP then player made jewelry will be crazily overpowered.
    Platinum cost noth withstanding a player can have 8 pieces of custom jewelry made all of which would have the same basic statistic structure.
    Each piece of jewelry can be + 60 HPs, mana and endurance. In addition it can have one of the 4 following abilities:
    +4 mana regen
    +4 health regen
    +5 damage shield
    Faerune (see invis, ultravision and underwater breathing)
    (Players who do not want the mana and endurance can add things like +4 AC, +5 on a resist or +4 on a base statistic like stamina)
    There are other abilities, but all of these abilities are the abusive ones and are made using the common albeit expensive gems that were in Everquest on day one (the mana and HPs are not abusive so much, but they can be on the piece of jewelry at the same time as the abusive ones).
    With this a caster can reach the mana regen (flowing thought cap) of 15 with 4 pieces of jewelry and then add 16 points of HP regen. (Just think of a necro with that set up at lvl 35)
    A melee player could have a set up with 40 points of innate damage shield. Add a shaman potion, a druid/mage DS and the player is toping 70 points of damage shield at lvl 35. Who needs powerlevel help?
    Faerune originally was not in the game early on and really did not show up until planes of power raid armor.

I am already making plans on skilling up an enchanter because for SOE to take out the gnomish heatsource would be for SOE to take out jewel crafting and they won't do it. :/
    Also with the new spell research players will be able to enchant paladium once Planes of Power is online getting the spell through spell research. Of course I bet there is a plan to add spell research vendors in an earlier accessible zone so players can use the new spell research skill during progression and therefore enchant palladium will be available during Kunark.

Platinum Trio Ring
    MAGIC ITEM
    Slot: FINGER

HP: 60 MANA: 60 Endurance: 60

Regeneration: 4

Recommended level of 35.WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Slot 1, type 11: Trilion Cut SapphireSlot 2, type 10: Round Cut OpalSlot 3, type 10: Round Cut Emerald

Platinum Trio Ring
    MAGIC ITEM

Mana Regeneration: 4

Slot 1, type 11: Square Cut RubySlot 2, type 10: Round Cut OpalSlot 3, type 10: Round Cut Emerald

Platinum Trio Ring
    MAGIC ITEM

Effect: Faerune
    Slot 1, type 11: Pear Cut Star RubySlot 2, type 10: Round Cut OpalSlot 3, type 10: Round Cut Emerald

Platinum Trio Ring
    MAGIC ITEM

Damage Shield: 5

Slot 1, type 11: Oval Cut Fire EmeraldSlot 2, type 10: Round Cut OpalSlot 3, type 10: Round Cut Emerald
  7. Please delete because of double posting
  8. The 6/65 jewelery was velious, i believe
    The max for original was 5/55
    Of course thats just ac/hp -- to get mana/hp you have to go to black sapphire stuff which caps at 55 hp/55 mana with no extra stats
    I agree that the extra stuff (manaregen, ds, faerune etc) is game changing -- no one had max FT in classic
    If they leave OOC regen in though, not sure that it really matters.
  9. JehanumRaver wrote:
    There was no mana regen outside of medding in original. If memory serves me correctly they added clarity after release although very early in release.
    Oh and if you look at the patch notes they are adding spell research vendors in the starting areas. Gnomish heatsources for everyone! When everybody on the server who plays any significant time is level 50 in two months all with gear that would make level 60s in original Kunark cry then SOE might realize their mistake, but until then I still plan on playing on progression at least part of each week.
    Please if any Dev with pull at SOE reads this. Please do not let the time lock be more than 3 months and consider 2 months at the start adjusting it later if needed. There is going to be a huge traffic jam after a month or so and people are going to start dropping unless there is progression.

Progression server does not mean sit around and wait server.
  10. I am a fan of 3 months after the actual unlock date ... Gives enough time for multiple guilds to get geared and get ready for the next expansion.
  11. Piestro mentioned that the new Jewelcrafting is out (even with the buyable gems), and the old recipes are back in. Can we get a clarification please?

Thanks!
  12. Rollen wrote:
    Yer underestimating the time it'll take to BUY these components; plat won't be that easy to get initially. Yer also underestimating the time and plat it'll take to make an enc jewelcrafter able to make these, and the time it'll take to farm plat for most players to buy them from said enc/jewelcrafter.
    Also, while Classic EQ might fly by with the new jewelry, with palladium not coming out till Gates, the fact is that the impact of this stuff will lessen once you hit Kunark or Velious, even with Velium coming out. You're getting ahead of the horse in yer panic.
  13. In an ideal world it would be EXACTLY as classic was, but people need to start being realistic....there will be some overpowered items that make it onto classic. I'm extremely happy already with the amount of work that the devs has put in to eliminate HZ gear, defiant, etc. They don't have the resources to make it perfect. Everyone just relax and have fun!
  14. Wow JC has seriously changed a lot over the years. Anyone have a guide or item list?
  15. We changed our mind.
    Old jewel-craft will be re-enabled until an appropriate expansion, then swapped at that appropriate expansion.
  16. Dev-Ngreth wrote:
    This is excellent news. You guys are really outdoing yourselves. Thank you so much!