All Solo instances in Skyshrine are now a 90 minute lock out... Can't zone in?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, May 30, 2012.

  1. POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
    Skyshrine
    All Solo instances in Skyshrine are now a 90 minute lock out, same as heroic instances.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, so I was able to unlock the zone after running it this morning. That's great. However, I am not able to get another quest from the NPC to be able to choose another solo instance to run, therefore he does not open the portal and I can not do anymore solo instances today. He just tells me that the portals are unstable and it is best that I wait a day or so to try again.
    What was the point of putting them on a 90 minute timer?
  2. Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I guess they forgot to put the quest on a 90 minute timer also.
    As a workaround for now, see if you can get the quest, run the zone, reset the timer after 90 minutes, then run the zone again without turning in the quest. I am pretty sure that the portal stays open until you turn the quest in.
  3. Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Unless the quest is repeatable in 90 minutes, this change was useless. Unless stuff in there drops something that works outside the zone, I haven't gotten anything from a named in those zones but the little crystals that only work in the zone. ie useless.
  4. Kenazeer,
    That would probably work as a workaround to be able to zone back in to the same instance over and over every 90 minutes but that still defeats the overall purpose of putting them on a 90 minute lockout timer in my opinion. The whole reason to run those three solo instances is for the chest loot at the end, which for the first two instances you would have to have, complete and turn in the quest for each one. Only the third instance offers a second chest after you kill the final named.
  5. Is anyone else having the same thing happen to them?
    Is this how it was to be intended?
  6. Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Didn't know that about the first two. They really need to get a fix in for this then. Tomorrow is when they usually do hotfixes, so hopefully then.
  7. same issue here....id also like to add that i hope they will MAKE IT SO THE SOLO QUESTS ALSO GIVE CLAWS OF VEESHAN even if its just plus 100
  8. Our intent is for you to be able to run one of the missions every 90 minutes. The mission system does not function in a completely intuitive fashion, however, and is locking players out for a longer period than it should. I'm making a change that will correct this issue in the next hotfix.
  9. Fyreflyte wrote:
    Now if the mission gave 500 Veeshan Faction, you would get 2 thumbs up.
  10. CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    +1
  11. Fyreflyte wrote:
    Thanks Fyreflyte.
  12. Fyreflyte wrote:
    So .... next Tuesday then. In that period of time any way the faction could be added to the quest turn in? OR even better have the Great Divide PQ gear (Adornments) placed on a merchant for Cloudy Velium Jewels?
  13. Fyreflyte wrote:
    There was nothing mentioned in the today's hotfix...

    Patch 5/30 ... Sky solo zone timers resetable @90m, but mission giver didn't hear about it.
    ... Official (red name) stated, "Our intent was to tell the mission giver about that, check next hotfix"
    Patch 5/31 ... Patch notes do not say the mission giver was told.
  14. Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    Noon on the day before a hotfix, that's not the "next" being noted. The code for the hotfix on the 31st was likely already locked down on the 29th. They actually do some degree of testing before things get released.
    And before you say "well this wasn't tested", it is possible to unlock the zone at 90 mins, that works. The mission giver not giving a new mission when you unlock it was an oversight for a linked feature not a failure of the zone to be unlocked at 90 mins.
  15. yes but Im sorry as a dev how can you NOT think of unlocking the quest timer as well when you make a change like this? it seems to me that this is a HUGE oversight on their part BUT it is also typical for them so its no big deal anymore
  16. Rijacki wrote:
    True, but you can not zone back into the instance after the 90 minutes and unlocking the instance without having a new mission quest. Only then does the NPC open the portal to allow you to zone back in, which was the reason that I started this thread in the first place.
    I just confirmed that this did not go into today's patch. I ran the zone earlier this morning before the servers came down. I just logged back in, reset the instance and the npc is still telling me that I have to wait a day or so to be able to go back in.
  17. Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Are you soloing or moloing? Have you tried the hardest one yet? Might give it a shot. The workaround I posted earlier works...Actually I killed Tigloth then deleted the quest, zoned out, got the quest again, then reset the timer when it came up, and ran it again. Last run of the night I turned in the final quest.
  18. even though it doesnt say it in the notes for todays hotfix i got on right after the servers came back...ran dp solo and turned in quest( quest now shows that it expires in 1 hour 30 min right after picking it up) and the questgiver is now giving me the quest again shortly before the timer has run out on being able to reset the zone(not sure how long it was reoffering it to me cause i went out for lunch) but it does seem to be working now
  19. What is moloing? I solo the 3rd instance ( the advanced solo with Tigloth ) three times a day using my Shadowknight, Paladin, and Necromancer, no mercenaries. I can run it 7 more times if I wanted on my other alts using mercenaries. Yes, if I wanted to I can delete the quest and run the instance again, sure. That is not why I started the thread however.
    I find it funny that it reset for you. I tested this out earlier today with my SK and the NPC was not offering me the quest and still isn't.
  20. Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    did u test it out after the hotfix today(thursday)?

Share This Page