Guild Hall Library (periscope/telescope/spiral stairs/viewing gallery)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Solinarii, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Heya Everyone,
    I've just finished decorating a new Library for my guild's Hall, I'm really pleased with the result so thought I'd share it here comments/suggestions are more than welcome. I was asked to do this with as little items as possible which as with any other projects I found tough! But I managed to finish it with 150 items, including all the items on display
    The view from the door:
    [IMG]
    This is a nice cosy seating area where guildies can curl up on the couch, read a good book, watch the fish or as I often do gaze at the Orrey and its ever moving swirlyness (I get distracted by shiny things easilly ;p)
    [IMG]
    also in this cosy couch corner we have a bookcase containing all of our guildies player written books:
    [IMG]
    Ok moving around the room now we have the rare (and not so rare) scroll/tome table and our signet & relic peddler - Bob:
    [IMG]
    Next we have our collector's study area and a periscope/telescope:
    [IMG]
    This is a close up of the periscope/telescope, this is better viewed in person as you can see more stars as you move your camera angle around:
    [IMG]
    Continuing around the room this is a close up of our shiny things gathered over the years of EQ2 that have been generously donated by our guild members:
    [IMG]
    Next we have the spiral stairs going up to the viewing gallery and bookcases holding collected books from accross Norrath, I've made sure that we don't have any doubles in the Library and still have room for more books that we are missing (we have more than one bookcase here but I forget to grab the screenie of it but you can see them in later screenies):
    [IMG]
    These are some screenies of accross the room so that you can get a sense of the layout as a whole:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Moving up the stairs we have our Spell Researcher, Achievement Counsellor and some great views of the Orrey:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    I hope you enjoyed looking at the screenshots if you would like to visit in person its Light of the Wolf's guild Hall in south Qeynos, splitpaw.

Thanks for taking the time to look,
    Solinarii xD
  2. You've done a brilliant job here, especially when you consider how little items you've used acheiving the effect.
    I really love the telescope!
  3. Great job all around!!!
  4. Wonderful job there! i'm just about to start on my guild library .. great inspiration !
    Mistal