Issue Tracking: "Application ran out of memory while requesting..."

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-TSR-JasonC, Jun 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-TSR-JasonC Guest

If you receive a message during normal game play that states something similar to "Application ran out of memory while requesting _____ bytes," then please provide the following data:

• Were you grouping, solo, or raiding?
    • What zone were you in?
    • What level is your character?
    • What race is your character?
    • Was your character in an illusion form?
    • What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.)
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to?
    • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen?
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer?

The above information will help track this issue further with the new changes that the development team is implementing to the game client. Thanks for your patience and assistance in working to resolve this issue!
  2. ARCHIVED-Adcap Guest

• What zone were you in?
    • Solo
    • Neriak (Bank area/Down Below)
    • Dark Elf
    • No
    • High Quality
    • 1440 x 990
    • Full Screen
    • No
    • OS- Vista
  3. ARCHIVED-Adcap Guest

Adcap wrote:
  4. ARCHIVED-batsu336 Guest

Let me qualify this by saying that I only encountered this error once, shortly after I increased the game resolution to match that of my desktop. After the crash I lowered my resolution back down and have not had the error since. Solo in Down Below beneath Queynos level 10 Froglok Not in illusion form Custom settings....all at or near Maximum Quality, except shadows and # of hi-res characters, which are lower **Screen res was at 11??X8??, refresh rate 60 at time of error....1024X768 now & error free** Full-screen mode I sometimes run Fraps. It was not on when the crash occurred. Windows XP Media Center AMD 3.33Ghz CPU ATI X1650 Pro 256MB graphics card 1 GB RAM
  5. ARCHIVED-Ariste Guest

TSR-JasonC wrote:
    My system -

Opteron 165 @ 2.7GHz (stable in every game and every zone in EQ2 besides Neriak)
    2GB RAM
    ATI X1800XT
    74GB Raptor (Game drive only)
    Windows XP Home Edition
  6. ARCHIVED-ssumthing Guest

• This is the information about last night when I crashed, it was only once in 3 hours time.

• Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? ~ Grouping
      • What zone were you in? ~ Deathfist Citadel
      • What level is your character? ~ 41
      • What race is your character? ~ Half Elf
      • Was your character in an illusion form? ~ No
      • What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) ~ High Performance
      • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? ~ 1280 x 1024 - 60 hz
      • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? ~ Full Screen
      • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? ~ No

The following is where it has really been a problem, crashing every 15 minutes.

• Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? ~ Soloing
    • What zone were you in? ~ Darklight Woods
    • What level is your character? ~ 12
    • What race is your character? ~ Arasai
    • What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) ~ High Performance
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? ~ 1280 x 1024 - 60 hz
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? ~ No

7. ARCHIVED-Abronz Guest

Happens when I am solo in one game zone only.
    • What zone were you in?
    The new Neriak city zone.
    Happens with both of my characters. Assassin level 53 and Inquistor level 45.
    Both are Dark Elves.
    No.
    Max settings with shadows turned off.
    1280x1024.
    Full screen.
    No background programs running except normal vista items and anti-virus.
    Would like to add I am running Vista 32bit. I have 2GB ram and eVGA 8800 GTS 640MB video card.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mykale2 Guest

• Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? ~ Soloing

• What zone were you in? ~ Quenos Harbor
    • What level is your character? ~ 67
    • What race is your character? ~ High Elf
    • What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) ~ High Quality- No Shadows No Flora
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? ~ 1680 X 1050 - 60 hz
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? ~ Yes Fraps

Additional Note: I had Spirit of the Wolf running and was running through QH quickly. This is reproducible in any heavy zone such as Dark Light Woods or QH
  9. ARCHIVED-Kefka Guest

• solo and in groups. never raided.
    • What zone were you in?
      • happens randomly at all sorts of locations:
        • running around newbie island in Qeynos often - almost always when someone gains exp, locates a new area, or gains a level and their body "glows"
        • Echo Echo Caverns in random places throughout the caverns
        • Fae newbie area randomly
      • currently experimenting with lv9 character, but it has happened randomly throughout the leveling process
      • wood elf primary, high elf and fae alternates
      • no
      • Occured at extreme quality, high quality, and balanced quality. have not yet tried less but have reduced texture models to low
      • 1680x1050 on one computer, 1440x900 on another
      • has happened in both modes, but primarily i play in full screen mode
      • using Fraps but ONLY utilizing the FPS feature
    System configurations:

System one:
    Athlon64 X2 5600+ w/ Zalman fan
    Foxconn SLI MB
    700W SLI PS
    4x1GB G.Skill DDR800 RAM
    EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 320MB w/ nvidia 160.03 drivers
    Hitachi 300GB 16MB buffer SATA HDD
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
    WindowsXP Pro SP2 32-bit

System two:
    Athlon64 X2 4200+ w/ stock AMD fan
    Abit SLI MB
    550W PS
    4x512MB Corsair DDR400 RAM
    PNY Geforce 7600GS 512MB w/ nvidia 160.03 drivers
    Seagate 250GB 8MB buffer SATA HDD
    on-board Realtek HD 7.1 channel Audio
    WindowsXP Pro SP2 32-bit
  10. ARCHIVED-Breeniac Guest

Were you grouping, solo, or raiding?
    Solo
    What zone were you in?
    Neriak
    What level is your character?
    It has happened to all of my chars, most recently lvl 12 and lvl 53
    What race is your character?
    Arasai, Ogre, and Fae
    Was your character in an illusion form?
    no
    What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.)
    Extreme
    What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to?
    1680 x 1050
    Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen?
    Either mode
    Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer?
    no

Important info:
    Running a Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, Nvidia 8800 GTX 2 gigs ram, Windows Vista Home 32-bit
    Please note turned LOD resolution back to a maximum and crashed with all characters in all zones approximately once per hour.
  11. ARCHIVED-Roybob Guest

CHARACTER 1:
    • Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Group of three exploring, not fighting.
    • What zone were you in? Neriak.
    • What level is your character? 10 or 11.
    • What race is your character? Iksar.
    • Was your character in an illusion form? No.
    • What performance profile is the game set as? Very High Quality with Character LOD Texture Resolution reduced to Medium.
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1280x1024.
    • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full.
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No.
    • Comments. Within Neriak I crashed due to out-of-memory errors roughly once every 10 minutes. Not 100% certain, but believe I had one out-of-memory crash in the zone leading to Neriak. Computer has 4gigs of ram, nVidia 8800gts 640mb graphics, X-fi sound, running Vista 64-bit.

CHARACTER 2 (a) & 3 (b):

• Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo (a & b) and group (b).
    • What zone were you in? Several, I believe all were EoF zones.
    • What level is your character? 15 (a) and 70 (b).
    • What race is your character? Halfling (a) and Dwarf (b).
    • Was your character in an illusion form? Don't think so, though it is possible my Dwarf guardian was using Golem (fun spell) form while MT'ing a group when one crash occurred.
    • What performance profile is the game set as? Very High Quality (no mods) with Environmental Shadows enabled.
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1280x1024.
    • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full.
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No.
    • Comments. These crashes occurred fairly often, with no obvious trigger. Excepting Neriak crashes experienced by character 1, they disappeared when I disabled Environmental Shadows and reduced Character LOD Texture Resolution from Maximum to Medium. Same computer as with character 1.

GENERAL COMMENTS:
    Out-of-memory crashes occur on a newly built computer, assembled several days prior to LU35. As such I have no way to judge when this problem might have began. My old computer - Athlon T-bird 1.3ghz CPU, 1gig ram, GeForce ti 4400 128mb graphics, WinXP SP2 - ran the game dependably since launch at Extreme Performance without crashes of any sort. Note that so long as I avoid Neriak I do not experience out-of-memory crashes at Very High Quality on the new 'puter so long as I reduce Character LOD Texture Resolution to medium and do not enable Environmental Shadows.

Note also that I now run the game in a window while trying to diagnose another game-stopping issue. I have had no out-of-memory error crashes while in windowed mode using settings that work with full-screen mode. I have not attempted Neriak since switching to windowed mode.
  12. ARCHIVED-furnok Guest

TSR-JasonC wrote:
  13. ARCHIVED-Buadyen Guest

Grouped
    • What zone were you in?
    Pillars of Flame
    Fae
    No, but I had spent some time in several different illusions prior to the crash, as well as had loaded and unloaded several alternate player models.
    Extreme, with shadows turned off.
    1920x1080
    Full Screen
    No

Comments:
    This usually only happens after several hours of play, and usually only when I call back to Kelethin to bank/sell. Today it happened after reviving at the camp in Pillars of Flame after a group wipeout. My basic system stats: C2D E6600, Nvidia 8800GTX, 2GB ram, Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
  14. ARCHIVED-Malkosha Guest

TSR-JasonC wrote:
    While I have had this problem since #35, Just this morning I turned down all of my settings including the system video settngs in the Nvidia control panel. I also installed the latest Nvidia driver (not the beta ones) as well as my Nvidia chipset drivers. Performance increased after all of this but in the end I crashed with the same old error.
    AMD 64 3500+
    Nvidia 7600GT 256
    1G RAM
    XP Pro SP2

This is a shame. I had just recently come back to playing this game and for the first time in a long while was actually excited about logging in. I canceled my other game accounts ... which all worked fine BTW ... to play this game. I see I might have made an error at this time. While this game is the best thing going, being unable to play makes this a moot point. While I understand what a pain it can be trying to track down a problem of this nature, at the same time, I have to look at this in the same way you would look at my situation should I not have the money to pay when my sub is due.
    I wish you all the luck and will check back from time to time to see if there has been any progress.
    Thanks for what is otherwise a great game.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ariste Guest

You know, this really is true. I came back to EQ2 because I heard there were some real improvements. And there are. The game's definitely better overall than when I played last. But this bug is making playing my Arasai near impossible. It's really a shame, and it's got me logging in less and less. I hope they fix this real soon.
  16. ARCHIVED-scarlettwoman Guest

[ul][li]solo [/li][li]Neriak, at the banker[/li][li]7[/li][li]Arasai[/li][li]no illusion form[/li][li]extreme performance (yes, all I have is stick figures) [/li][li]1024x768[/li][li]full screen[/li][li]no movie or music player running in the background. Mostly, the only thing I will run is Firefox while in eq2.[/li][/ul]This has only happens with my arasai to date. I have updated direct x and my video drivers (non-beta) as well as tried a full file scan with eq2. I still can not get on with this toon.
  17. ARCHIVED-Terayon Guest

TSR-JasonC wrote:
  18. ARCHIVED-TSR-JasonC Guest

From a private message that was sent to me (I don't know why, though...):

To: TSR-JasonC
    Date: 06/02/2007 12:33:04
    Subject: Information
    Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? I was in a group
    What zone were you in? RoV and SH
    What level is your character? 20-26
    What race is your character? Evil Fae (Arasai)
    Was your character in an illusion form? yes
    What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) Balaned
    What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? no clue
    Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full
    Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No
  19. ARCHIVED-Itzlvis Guest

1. Trying to log in to character
    2. Neriak
    4.Arasai
    5.No
    6.Extreme performance
    7.1024x768
    8.Full Screen
    9.Nothing running in background
    I can log into other characters that are not parked in Neriak. I can also make a new Arasai character and at lvl 5 zone into and out of Neriak.
  20. ARCHIVED-TankCrusader Guest

If you receive a message during normal game play that states something similar to "Application ran out of memory while requesting _____ bytes," then please provide the following data:

• Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? - I was solo but this only happens when I am around lots of players about the the size of a raid or two.
    • What zone were you in? - Antonica
    • What level is your character?- 20
    • What race is your character? - Human
    • Was your character in an illusion form? - No
    • What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) - High Quality
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? - 0.800-0.900
    • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? - Full Screen
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? - No
    Right now I am trying to take put in the Festival of Unity in the Antonia Bayle (RP) Server, but each time a go to meet this festival the Error message pops up. The size of the Festival is a raid or two. This only happens when I am with them. And I can't log back in if they are still having the festival.