Battlefield 4 reveal today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Rockit, Feb 20, 2013.

1. LOL at Battleflop4 Modern Duty
    • Up x 3
  2. BATTLEFIELD 4 INCLUDES:

A 3 HOUR GENERIC CAMPAIGN WITH EVIL RUSSIANS

A DUMBED DOWN MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE THAT DRIVES AWAY FROM THE ORIGINAL BATTLEFIELD EXPERIENCE BECAUSE WE ARE TRYING TO SELL TO THE LITTLE KIDS WHO LIKE EASY GAMES WHERE YOU CAN GO AND KILL PEOPLE REALLY EASILY IN CRAMPED MAPS WITH NO TEAMWORK

DAY 1 DLC THAT CONTAINS 1 NEW MAP AND ONE OP GUN ALL FOR JUST $20!

MICROTRANSACTIONS SO YOU CAN BUY ALL THE GUNS AND PWN EVERYONE IF YOU ARE TOO LAZY TO UNLOCK THEM

GET BF4 TODAY SO WE CAN DESTROY THE GAMING INDUSTRY MORE TODAY! PRE-ORDER FOR JUST $150 AND GET YOUR OWN FULL SIZED DIlllLDO GUN!
    • Up x 1
  3. Hmmm sounds kinda like what SOE did to PS2 from PS1. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  4. Good post :D As a matter of fact it closely mirrors some posts on these forums, except BF/CoD's are saying it about PS2 :D

silly console shooters and the bad gamers they breed.
  5. Screw EA. They release BF3 in fall of 2011 and then shove DLC down your throat, shove "premium" down your throat and then immediately after their final DLC is released, they tell you BF4 is coming.

Let me say this: In the year 2050, I will be in my ******* 60s and there will STILL be gamers playing Quake 3 and CS 1.6 competitively because those games literally are THAT perfect. Who the **** is going to remember Battlefield 3 or 4 in the year 2050? It will be some tiny footnote in wikipedia by then, a few sentences saying "Well this was some mediocre game from almost 40 years ago".

Sadly that goes for PS2 as well. PS2 is not a very skill based or truly competitive game and never will be.
  6. lozl the tired old steam graph. Perhaps a little perspective on that graph will dissuade others from falling into the same half truth that you did

Let me tell you something about steam. Day 1, everyone in my outfit downloaded the PS2 client via steam. Day 1.5 more than 50% of us uninstalled it and DL'd it directly from the PS2 website. As of now, NO ONE in our outfit plays the game via steam. Add to that, I did a poll among our allied outfits in early January when people started putting up that graph and claiming the game was dying. While I did find TWO people that I polled that still used steam, 38 other people who did at release, no longer do.

GL with the sky is falling/doom and gloom though :D

Add to that, BF/CoD and the other clones cost $60. PS2... free. Don't really see those games as competition, just a minor distraction
  7. Game is a ghost town anymore man. That graph is not wholly indicative of all players but it certainly reflects what I have seen lately in game. I really wish they didn't have to merge servers 3 months after launch. I mean the game is doing so well and all :rolleyes:
  8. From my perspective, it's hard to say the game is a ghost town when I play on Waterson, Connery and Matheson and there's always people on.

Keep in mind, people migrate servers too. If you were a low pop server to begin with, no doubt people have jumped. To that add the 4th empire people or the people that have quit a toon on one server because they joined one and their friends joined another (due to having too many servers at release, which will soon be solved with mergers.)

Then factor in the folks that started the game but they've got sub par rigs or don't have decent internet, who will most likely try the game again when they solve those issues.

There's tons of reasons for that graph to be entirely inaccurate, especially in the manner that's implied when people post it.

Fact is, game is free to play and they've got a solid amount of content they'll be adding over the years. Not months, years. The population will fluxuatebut the game's not dying by any stretch of the meaning.
  9. Sony better get those PS1 features implemented before BF4 comes out. And implemented PROPERLY.
    • Up x 2
  10. Pfft, BF4 is gonna be a bigger POS than BF3

BF4... NOW WITH RED TINT :D

End Game was actually pretty good... except for that AWFUL orange tint...

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with their art team?
  11. BF3 was an embarassment to the BF franchise, really. It should've been a MOH game. They saw the console success of the Bad Company games and took it as them doing something right...
    • Up x 2
  12. Maybe, but it'll still steal the crowd sony tried to attract. When will companies learn that you cant steal another game's playerbase.
  13. Oh, you can steal them alright, but what you can't steal is COD kiddies and try make them play a game like PlanetSide 2. PS2 will always be an intermediary game to these people and they'll quit right as soon as the new COD comes out.

Consoles are for trash poverty gamers and they're ruining the gaming industry. Standards of games have fallen dramatically over the past few years because of the mouth breathing console crowd that think Treyarch is the most revolutionary gaming company in the industry and other companies have let their standards slack and have butchered their gameplay as a result, and they always lose out in the end, but people never learn.
  14. It's not just consoles. I remember reading somewhere that PS2 has already turned a profit. Idiots on these forums have routinely claimed to have spent HUNDREDS of dollars on this game. A buggy, broken, pre-alpha game. A game where they nerf/alter something after you buy it. A game that copied literally everything from Battlefield. And people actually paid money for this. This game never even reached the Beta stage. It technically never even reached Alpha. By programming terms PS2 is currently a pre-alpha build of a game. And people actually spent hundreds of dollars on it. PC gamers are just as stupid as console gamers.
  15. Uhm, no... the playerbase Sony got were all the players who used to like bigger combined arms combat in Battlefield (as well as their own old school PS1ers of course) and I doubt many would go back after the mess EA & DICE have made of it.
  16. Troll harder Colt...

better yet...

WEREN'T YOU LEAVING?!??
  17. The hatred is big on this one
    But i have to agree, the industry is already ****** up
  18. I dunno man if you forget Planetside and the marketing for a moment and just release a game called “Kill” ...I don't know of any game that has ever run on my machine and not crashed on a regular basis. This game just doesn't crash on my machine...it rarely ever did even when I got into Beta and my machine is old. I'm either incredibly lucky or maybe someone knows how to code?

Personally I think these guys are talented I'm just not fond of the mystery men holding their leashes. If profit shuts these owners up for just 5 minutes I'm all for them making scads of cash off of people that don't have a clue of what Planetside actually was.