Can I let a partner drive my car?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Discussion' started by quetza, Nov 25, 2012.

1. I spawn a lightning for example and I want to allow someone in my squad to drive it, is it possible?
  2. no
  3. Get out, have them stand next to it, then pull a flash (or any other vehicle. Your old vehicle is free to the first person who gets in. Un-owned vehicles seem to auto-deconstruct faster than 5 minutes though.
  4. Thank you very much :D
  5. you can also press "page down" and select usable by squad/platoon. That way only your squadies and toons will be able to use it so it wont be hijacked by a random dude :D
  6. It would be nice if there were separate controls for driver, gunner and passenger slots to set to locked, squad, platoon or open. Sepate controls for each seat in liberator would be nice. I sometimes am quite happy to tail-gun a random liberator, even if I get little XP, it serves as a good reconnaissance life if nothing else. I am pretty good at the job too.
  7. so can I make some random guy to drive a lib for me. and if so wat do I pres
  8. Get in a squad with him, then hit pagedown key to open vehicle options, and set the lib to "squad/platoon only".
  9. I'm surprised people still don't know how to do this. Squad/platoon members can drive any vehicle you permit them to, and anyone can drive it if you procure another vehicle, but it may randomly despawn.
  10. Two ways, make it squad and invite them to your squad. Sometime this will cause the vehicle to bug and an "shake" when a new driver gets in each time.

An easier way, if you have the resources. Spawn your lightning, then spawn... say.. a flash. Your lightning is a now a free vehicle for anyone who gets in it first. SO make sure that your friend gets into it before anyone else can, otherwise you just gave your lightning away and that random person now has ownership of it.
  11. thanks :)