FPS FIX Come One, Come All!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Skizerz, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Most reading this know that the current framerate issues are cpu related. If you have a good/decent cpu and the game isn't utilizing it as much as you think it should, then try unparking your cores! I found a program that unparks the cores so they are used a LOT more in game and my framerates now hit 60 IN BATTLES when used to they would barely stay at 30 and my rig is only a decent one, hardly high-end at all (specs in sig). I have scanned the program and checked to see if it implants anything into your system, and it doesn't. I thought my SweetFX post was a good framerate booster, but this is a whole other level!

http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

If it doesn't help your fps, let me know your specs and any other details and I'll try to help!
    • Up x 5
  2. Didn't make much of a change on a Q9550. Not really a surprise.
    • Up x 1
  3. I'll wait for more posts of people who tried it, but it looks promising.
  4. It does say that on the front page.

" The reason of doing so is that core parking is not enabled for all the multicore CPU’s. For example, if you have Intel Q9550 Quad Core CPU you may not see any parked cores at all."
  5. Decided not to wait, I'm going to restart my computer and test out Planetside 2. I'll drop into a heavy area and see if it makes a difference. ^-^
  6. I had two that were parked, but performance-wise there wasn't a difference.
  7. I suspect that the game client itself doesn't support or utilize multicore processors yet.
  8. I unparked all 3 and it didn't make a noticeable difference. If there was a difference it was within 1-5 average fps.
    Reparked them all because my laptop's keyboard/touchpad area got hot. I may unpark one or two if I notice a difference next time I play.
  9. it does, and the devs have stated it does
  10. if it's a laptop then the difference won't be as great.
  11. Everyone saying it didn't make much a difference have intels, mine's an AMD. So maybe this is more of an AMD fix?
  12. GENIUS!!!
    This works amazing - I just downloaded it to try out - been frustrated all day trying to play at less than 10 FPS in big fights, This has bumped mine up to 30.

PS2 Devs Take note of this, it works a charm. Very easy to use

Go to the Link OP posted, Download Download application executable files ...

Then open with winzip and open the .exe file

Once open Follow the instructions from website, Unpark all

Again Thank you so much Skizerz!
    • Up x 1
  13. Not True im on my laptop -

i5 3.0ghz
    8gb ram
    GT 640M 2GB
    windows 7 x64
  14. What cores do you use?

I haven't been able to test out big fights, couldn't find any in the immediate area, since I play on an East Coast server. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Thinking about it, I did notice my FPS stay closer to 30 (27-29) more than usual.
  15. How big is the difference on dual cores?
    I have a laptop i5, dual core with hyperthreading.

Is it even gonna make a difference or should I wait?
  16. Sorry not a big tech head, i wouldnt know the cores? i just unparked all that showed up - sorry i cant go into more detail.

its made a huge difference on mine alexlightning7 - i would recommend this to everybody having issues to atleast try, it takes less than 1 minute and has completely fixed my PS2
  17. Didn't change anything for me, also got the same 3D mark score
  18. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

I downloaded and had it check registry. I took a long time and then nothing popped up and the option to search was not gray anymore.

I'm assuming that my CPU just sucks, But i don't know much about the inner workings of computers to really say
  19. Yeah.. I'm betting that's the case here. I'm running a Q9550. I'm surprised cores were parked at all.
  20. suppose no harm in trying, Ill let you know how it goes.