[Guide] How to make Hades & Nemesis lock-on??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diplocaulus, Dec 14, 2012.

1. I'm trying out the Hades and Nemesis rocket launchers and while they're advertised as being able to lock on to targets, I see no evidence of this yet; my shots from both launchers still fly like dumb projectiles. Is there something I'm supposed to do to secure a lock? Thanks.
  2. I can't answer you question, but if I may make a suggestion, remove [guide] from you subject line as that indicates you have posted a "how to" post as opposed to asking for help.
    • Up x 1
  3. I don't know about the Hades, but the Nemesis locks by zooming in on a target and keeping it there for a few seconds. (I imagine the Hades works the same way.)
    • Up x 1
  4. I have both, they both function identically. As Cyllus said, you need to scope into your target and follow them until the launcher has locked onto your target, then press fire.
    • Up x 1
  5. Thanks for the tips. Sorry about the guide thing--I thought it meant I was seeking "guidance." Unfortunately I can't figure out to edit the title or delete the thread. :oops:
  6. And you're a social dwarf DorkSided. Thanks for playing.
  7. Or, you know, it could be someone's first FPS game.
  8. Someone must need to pad their own ego today.
    • Up x 1
  9. Thanks everybody. It's working fine for me now--I see the little lock-on squares in the reticle. Now I'm wondering if it's fire-and-forget, but I'm not taking chances at this point.

BTW, I used to play a lot of Battlefield 2, but that was a few years ago. As for griefers, BF2 used to be awash with them.
  10. Yes, it's fire-and-forget. A heads-up though, you will need to unscope to reload the launcher. It won't reload while you're sighted-in. Again, this applies to both of them, possibly the S1 (though it's dumb-fire only) as well but I can't remember offhand at the moment).
  11. Indeed. I step from behind cover, take a shot, and then take cover again during reload. One thing I've noticed is that some of the aircraft I've fired at drop what looks to be a single flare which effectively spoof the shot.