March - Empire Specific Rocket Launchers

Discussion in 'Archived Features' started by JGood, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGood Developer

We'd like to add Empire-specific rocket launchers, including things like player guided rockets, multiple lock-on swarm missiles, and a charge fire mode into the mix.
    • Up x 1,416
  2. No more rocket launchers please as Vanu am already locked on too by someone anywhere and every where i go.
    • Up x 51
  3. Finally!

The Factions are far too similar at present. This will add needed differentiation to the game, instead of simply Blue vs. Red shirts. Using PS1's mechanics for these, or close iterations thereof, will hopefully see the demise of the current crop of BF3 rocket launchers.
    • Up x 73
  4. Not something that I endorse, I think we have enough rocket launchers already, adding new will just mean that the current ones will be obsolete ;<
    • Up x 20
  5. Well, I have a few concerns about this:

1. Are these ESRLs (Empire Specific Rocket Launchers) are going to be as useless as the Empire-specific heavy weapons (lasher, jackhammer, mini-chain gun)?
    2. Will they be balanced between one another?
    • Up x 17
  6. Lancer for V, please!!!
    • Up x 18
  7. No thank you, I don't want VS to have a god damn laser rocket laucher...
    • Up x 4
  8. I definitely would go for new versions of the phoenix, striker, and lancer..but need to get rid of the original launchers cause there would be too many...plus screwing over those who bought the deci/anni
    • Up x 3
  9. A lockon that becomes more effective when more of the same launchers are locking a single target.
  10. It's all a dream. I'd love the old AV weapons back, so long as they aren't too powerful. They should have specific uses that could not be accomplished by the launchers we have now, but also contain some sort of trade-off, probably in damage. ScreamingPigeons feels the HA weapons are useless right now, and they are certainly bad at normal combat, but the MCG and Lasher have great suppressive fire capabilities. One can only assume they were designed with these specific purposes in mind. Then there's the JH.
  11. Dont we have those all ready ?
  12. This is a great idea but they need to not be overpowered compared to the other types of rocket launchers. Make these more aesthetic in functionality. For instance, the TR rocket launcher might have fire multiple smaller rockets at a target but might have a larger chance of those missiles not hitting. The VS could have a laser system similar to the lasher, the longer the beam is held on a target, the more damage the target would take over time. This of course would have to have a range limit. The NC on the other hand could have rocket launchers similar to the ones our military uses now.
    • Up x 2
  13. BRING BACK THE LANCER
    • Up x 10
  14. While I endorse the idea of new rocket launchers, I feel this needs to be taken into account.
    Why make entirely new ones when you can give the already existing launchers special abilities based on faction?
    • Up x 76
  15. SHOULDER MOUNTED RAIL/GAUSS CANNONS FOR NC
    -Fast projectile
    -Low projectile arc
    -Charge up to fire
    -Slow reload
    -High damage

SHOULDER MOUNTED ROCKET-CHAIN GUN FOR TR
    -SHOOTS LOTS OF SMALL ROCKETS
    -FROM A CHAINGUN
    -LOW DAMAGE, HIGH ROF, HIGH AMMO

SHOULDER MOUNTED PLASMA MORTAR FOR VS
    -MEDIUM DAMAGE, MEDIUM SPLASH
    -SHOOTS A PLASMA MORTAR
    -CAN FIRE UP TO 3 IN QUICK SUCCESSION
    • Up x 5
  16. Give me back my phoenix and I will love you long time.
    • Up x 4
  17. Like the idea, don't see a need for it right now. Other things are of far more importance to the game IMO.
    • Up x 1
  18. Here's hoping for my Lancer back.
    • Up x 13
  19. Yes to empire specific AV weapons (having the Lancer back would be great for example, player guided ones might be interesting as well), but no more lockon weapons. They're not a particularly fun mechanic to use or fight against.
    • Up x 5
  20. We do not need more rocket launchers. We have two dumbfires and three guided ones.

Give us the Lancer, Striker and Phoenix. At least the Lancer won't spew green glow like the S1, Hades and Nemesis...

On the plus side, maybe a Phoenix can be fired through spawn shack windows at camping Libs...?
    • Up x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.