PlanetSide 2 System Specs

Discussion in 'General Technical Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Nov 20, 2012.

1. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

Below are listed the current recommended specs for running PlanetSideĀ® 2 as it was meant to be run.

Current Minimum System Requirements:
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
    • Memory: 4 GB Installed RAM
    • Hard Drive: 15 GB free
    • Video Memory: 256 MB RAM
    • Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
    Current Recommended System Requirements:
    • Processor: Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Hard Drive: 15 GB free
    • Video Memory: 1,024 MB RAM
    • Video Card: nVidia GeForce 500 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
    Supported Video Cards:

Check here for a full list of supported and unsupported video cards.
    • Up x 3
  2. Hrm.. played beta with 2 GB ram, now that I bought Alpha Squad, told I can't even install due to lack of ram.

Sucks
    • Up x 2
  3. It seems my video card doesn't meet minimum requirements, can I still start the game though? I played just fine with it in the beta.
  4. buy more RAM its cheap
    • Up x 5
  5. Yeah...gotta call BS here. Played beta with absolutely no issues while having 3 Gigs of ram. Suddenly they think we need a minimum of 4? Suggest we have 8?!
    Im gonna need my money for Alpha squad back please.
    • Up x 6
  6. Recommended 8 GB of RAM?
    Is this a 64-bit game??

If so, does that mean this game might someday sport a newer version of DirectX?
    • Up x 2
  7. this game is based on DX9 ..damn SOE 70% of world population that have a pc uses DX11 cards
    • Up x 6
  8. I played the beta and I managed to run in absolutely fine with no issues or lag. And now you tell me that I need at least 4 GB of RAM in order to install this game, while at the same time, the game runs fine at 3 GB of RAM?! This is absolutely ridiculous.

Well this ruined my day.
    • Up x 3
  9. There seems to be an error code for "insufficient video card", I had an enjoyable experience in the beta using that card, and now suddenly I can't even use it? Thanks soe.
    • Up x 2
  10. Agreed. Its ridiculous. DX11 has MUCH better hardware support, and takes advantage of multiple threads better.
    Whatever, game is still going to be badass!!!
    • Up x 1
  11. This is Complete Insanity!

I have 2048mb of Ram this has to be a bug :(

SQUAD REFUNDS HERE THEY COME!! :) :)
    • Up x 1
  12. So the same old BS all over again. Some with low end hardware are screwed AGAIN!
  13. lol... I wonder if I'll get any **** while installing it :)
  14. WHAT is this bull#$%%^

RT @Totalbiscuit What kind of sorcery is this? My Planetside 2 is running on High at over twice the framerate it was in beta
    SO??? it runs easier now and they bumped the ram up?
    What gives o_O
    • Up x 2
  15. i don't have a good enough graphics card. i have a ati radeon hd 3650, and with no money to buy a new one since im just a kid, i can't play. I wish the first one would just go f2p already, because I think my pc would run that one. I still want to play planetside 2 though. How much do you think i'll have to pay for a better card?
  16. yeah, I have 2 gigs of ram ran fine in beta, but now I cant even install, I think I will need my money back too if this isn't fixed.
  17. What gives with the insufficient memory error? I played just fine with 2gb of RAM. it's fine if you don't meet the minimum but to lock me out of the game is absurd.
    • Up x 1
  18. It really depends really... it can be around 100-200$ and i hope you have a decent CPU as well
  19. when does ps1 go f2p?
    • Up x 3
  20. i actually have it installing right now, but i know it wont let me play once its done, cuz i couldn't even get into bet with my 3650
    • Up x 1