PlanetSide 2 System Specs

Discussion in 'General Technical Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Nov 20, 2012.

1. first of all i thank Enrgized and ironfart for responding to my post
    with some changes to the said .ini file i have managed to increase fps to bearable level (20-30 in big fights) with mid-low settings. the game still doesnt look great like in all those youtube videos, but its playable... and most importantly its fun to play! :) thanks
  2. I've never met a person who can run PS2 on a Dual core CPU..
  3. My buddy plays it with an i3 he gets as many fps as me and i have an i5. You are mistaken if you think that this game uses more then 1 core. go play the game and see how many cores are being used.
  4. Your GPU is slightly better and CPU is 800MHz better then my laptop. I was running the game with everything low at 1366x768 back in beta. Suffer framerate issue in major area like the dome. With more emty area and less people i can run 60fps solid. Except i read topics with Windows 8 issue, not sure what's the deal but you need to check onto that. So i would say you should able to run this game just fine. Is free download anyway so why not try it?
  5. Phenom II x4 630 2.8ghz
    Geforce GTX 560 TI
    6gb DDR3

CPU USAGE: ~50% all the time
    RAM USAGE: 1.5GB
    10-30 fps in battle
  6. 10-20fps - big battles @Low (unplayable)
    25-35fps - medium battles @Low

Most time CPU bound @ 50% utilization
  7. Well my darling i actually play this game on dual core e5700 3ghz and still both cores are 90+% used i got 15-25fps in large battle still doesnt matter what quallity i play they stay the same :)

btw my spec:
    CPU: dual core e5700 @ 3ghz 2.99ghz
    RAM: 4GB DDR3
    GPU: Geforce Gt 440 1gb
  8. Then You are better than me (10-20 FPS in large battles). Phenom II 3,6. Average usage of all cores less than 50%.
  9. I wanted to know how well these specs would perform on this game because I'm looking for a new laptop to replace my almost 5 year old laptop because it has recently been over heating. Thank you for answering my question. How much fps do you get in big battles and regular sized battles, Nexeus? Also, do you have any suggestions on how to increase my framerate in this game?
  10. I would be very grateful to those who help me on knowing whether these specs will work good on planetside 2:)
    Also the links will be there to, to see the parts. p.s. I am a **** with computer parts so that is why i am posting this. thanks:)

Graphics card=
    MSI GTX660 Ti PE OC NVIDIA Graphics Card -
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-...gpu-1019mhz-boost-1097mhz-cores-1344-2x-dl-dv

Processor=
    Intel Core i3 3220 Ivy Bridge Dual Core Processor

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/inte...bridge-dual-core-33ghz-3mb-smart-cache-retail

RAM=
    Corsair Memory Vengeance Low Profile Blue 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel Desktop

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-...an-blue-pc3-12800-(1600)-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v

Motherboard(Don't know if necessary)=
    Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 Socket 1155 Motherboard USB 3.0 SATA 3

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/giga...r3-sata-iii-6gb-s-sata-raid-pcie-20-(x16)-atx

and i will have windows 7

pls pls pls can someone reply to this as this game looks amazing and i want to play it sooo bad!
  11. I would like to ask how to change the screen resolution outside the game, since my screen cant handle the game at its current resolution. Thanks
  12. In PS2 folder open UserOptions.ini in notepad and change this lines to the resolution of your screen:

FullscreenWidth=
    FullscreenHeight=
    WindowedWidth=
    WindowedHeight=
  13. Phenom II x4 965 BE
    4 GB RAM
    HD 4850 1GB

No battle ~30/35 @high
    Battle ~15/25 @high

I tried the low settings, I get 50 and I hated how ugly it was, so I back to high settings, since 25 fps dont hurt my eyes.
  14. So i noticed this thread and i recommend anyone who is skeptical about whether the game will run or not should atleast try,since it's free.My sys. specs are well below the sys. reqs. but i could run it laglessly during non-battles and could run it at 3-5 FPS in big battles on my rig in ultra ultra low settings.
    My rig's specs are -
    Core2Duo 2.40 GHz Processor
    2GB RAM
    1GB ATI Radeon HD 5670

I know it's unplayable right now,but im sure after optimization and upgrading my RAM to 8GB and after OCing my CPU to 15% i can run the game on low-med well.So just try the game guys :)
  15. Freaking amazing.
    My specs are
    AMD quad-core 2.0 GHz Processor
    4 GB RAM
    1 GB ATI Radeon HD 4650

the only thing that does not satisfy the requirements is the videocard (not the video memory, just the model). may I hope that sometime i can run the game on my PC?
  16. ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
    Can i not run it with that or can i run it with this
    DIAMOND AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 GHz Edition PCIE 1G GDDR5 Video Graphics Card
  17. I have an hd 5750 1gb gddr5 and i get about 20 fps in big battles...
  18. Processor: Intel i3
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Video Memory: ?
    Video Card: AMD HD 6370
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible
    You think i can run it on this ?
    And about the video memory : Display Memory: 2838 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1074 MB
    Shared Memory: 1763 MB
    Which one is the video memory lol
  19. My PC could play Lineage 2 on full Details but would struggle at Siege battles because of the game's very poor coding.
    I think it is a similar case with Planetside 2 having huge battles with more than 200 players?

Do you think i can run PS2?

Software:
    Video Drivers: AMD_Catalyst_12.11_Beta8 (latest)

Hardware:
    CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz OCed @ 3.31Ghz (Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler with Push-Pull dual fans)
    MB: ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 1066Mhz Kingston (FSB : DRAM 1:1 ratio)
    GPU: 2x ASUS EAH5770 Cu Core @ CrossfireX (slightly OCed)
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 60GB

Thanks for your time.
  20. My favourite part of this problem is that I absolutely love this game... I just can't play it. My system specs are more than twice as powerful as the recommended as well. It just seems like a kick in the face, even if it was free.