PlanetSide 2 System Specs

Discussion in 'General Technical Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Phenom II 955 @ 4.2 Ghz
    8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    GTX 560 Se

I am playing at 1080p, noticing frame drop (around 25 fps) in heavy battles and such, no matter the settings (medium or high) the difference between medium or high is barely 3-4 fps.
  2. perfect i can run this game on high on 60 fps
    but the aircraft just says NOPE AND then i rage quit cause i LOVE FLYING the darn aircraft
  3. The game runs just fine on my other PC which is using an ATI 5770 HD and 4 gigs of ram. I have yet to run into any lag issues with my main pc as well (other then the TwitchTv stream option always crashing the client even though I have a stable pc and 100/25 mbps internet with xfinity at any given time). Honestly, update your drivers or get new stuff for your pc. Oh and BTW, the Nvidia control panel will tell you it's not recommended to play PS2 with a GTX 660ti, but i've yet to have a single issue.
  4. I have:

Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2GHz
    6GB DDR2 800 RAM (yes, it's kept over from an upgrade)
    Radeon 5770, 1GB GDDR5
    Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I run 1680x1050, settings on Low except "Graphics" because IRNV scopes mess up without that on at least Medium. "Quality" at 82%. I get down to 8-9fps in really intense battles at tower-type bases where spawn rooms are camped, often around 12-18 in big battles in big bases/giant zerg armor columns.

I have people telling me that the 5770 plays well on High, but the indicator says it's GPU limited every now and then around 23fps.

I've been a bit at a loss. Mayhaps the problem is in my "slow" RAM, but I can only upgrade to DDR2-1066 with my current motherboard.

I feel like one thing that would help more than ANY OTHER with performance is a BENCHMARK for the game, showing some different flying/battle scenes. It's very hard to get results you can compare well when you tweak something, be it a setting or a piece of hardware (like going to 4GB of RAM in dual-channel configuration) because you're very infrequently in quite the same situations and it's hard to compare.
  5. I have to ask...

Why are the minimum specs 4GB of ram when it seems that the game can only allocate 2GB as of now? (typical restriction for 32bit apps that do not enable large address awareness, but that is something that normally can be easily added)

And as for the recommended specs, it is even more puzzling why it is set at 8GB considering there is no possible way (short of making a whole new 64bit compatible client - something they have said that they WON'T do) to address more than 4GB of RAM to the application?

This just dosn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I get that you should have more than just 2GB because you need some for the OS and other background stuff, but as of right now I can't see how more than 4GB could even benefit you at all...

-Stigma
  6. I just ordered a Radeon 7870 Hawk edition. How well will that deal with this game? I don't know a ton about specs.
  7. No actually a 64 bit operating system can run a 32-bit program in LAA (long address) format and use 4 GB, which ps2 is doing ( I checked with CFF editor)
  8. ********..
  9. They need to have an update where you need a lesser graphics card to play the game like ATI HD 4200 because currently I can't play the game.
  10. They need to add more support for amd.
  11. My system specs brings all the boys to the yard.
  12. AMD FX-8150
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5
    8GB RAM

How do you think my frame rate would be on medium or high settings? (I want to know before I download it)
  13. Dang, my whole computer runs this game except my GPU, which can't be upgraded easily (if at all) because it's a laptop.
  14. REQUIREMENTS lower them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can play almos any FPS in the world and i have ben waiting for this 1 for 1 year and now i cant play it?????
    WTF!
    The game is great thats why i want to play it so plz let my :)
  15. ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 - a graphics card still capable of playing pretty much anything I throw at it, BF3 on mid settings without any problem for example. I've never encountered a game that I have to play on low settings due to this card - maybe planetside 2 will be the first, but I'm pretty sure it should be able to load.

Fix your game please.
    • Up x 1
  16. i totally need a new rig
    CPU : Xeon 2.8ghz quad core
    GPU : Radeon HD 5450 (broke, Currently using a Geforce 6200 LE)
    Ram : 2gb DDR2

btw, chalks what kind of frame rates do you get on bf3 with medium settings?
  17. i7 2600k 3.4GHz
    8GB RAM
    Win 7 64-bit
    ATI 3870x2 512MB

Dear SOE.. How is it that PS2 can be based on DX9 and require an ATI 4850, yet I cant play it because my graphics card does not meet minimum specification. I have a ATI 3870x2 512MB card (which according to experience and all benchmarks i've ever seen, obliterates the ATI 4850). If you don't believe me.. check it out here:
    http://www.hwcompare.com/4808/radeon-hd-3870-x2-512mb-vs-radeon-hd-4850-1gb/

How about removing the minimum graphics card check, allow the user to enter the game so we can play and we will judge for ourselves if we need a better graphics card (due to actual performance). If we then want more frames, we will then gladly make a plan for a new graphics card.
  18. So with you on this Chalks - I have the ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 and it may be an older card, but I still runs everything. SOE needs to make a plan.
  19. Some of the decisions that SOE have made over the sys reqs are, at best, strange. At worst they show a complete lack of any thought and multiple examples of contradiction, as have been detailed throughout these boards.

Writing a .dll that automatically blocks a vast number of graphics cards that are still on sale and included with a great many pricy systems, is ludicrous. It also smacks of SOE not having the time or money to adequately optimise or program for system variance.
  20. I use high settings, 1920x1080' 60hz, full screen.

I get between 20 and just over 100 fps.
    Probably average out at 55 fps, overall. It very rarely goes below 30.
    The in-game fps rate thing says my gpu, almost always.