Post your gaming setup! Show us what You play on! Pics!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Raidou, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Hello fellow gamers,
    I haven't found a thread of this type yet, so I made one!

I want to see your gaming setups, show us what you play on and where you spend hours and hours of your life playing PS2! :D
    Possibly add info about what you plan to improve/upgrade/change.

I'll start:

i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4 GHz no O/C
    Radeon HD 7970 GHz edition no O/C
    16 GB ram @ 1600
    120 GB SSD for OS + 1 TB and 1.5 TB HDD's
    I'm running an win 7 home premium 64bit
    case is Antec nine hundred

The only change i plan to do in the near future is to exchange the internal HDD's for 3TB ones and the goal is 3 of them. In not so near future when the 7xxx line gets developed a bit more I'd like to go for a crossfire of 2 7970, but atm no games require it.

I have few computers, but I use only 1 most of the time (specs above) and since I have a 7970 I'm an Eyefinity user, playing on 5760x1080 resolution. At first when I up upgraded my PC I played on one 27" it was "cool" everything ran smoothly on ultra, then I tried to connect a 22 and 24 to the sides and (unlike nvidia :p) it worked well, tho the resolution was 5040x1080. So I started the monitor upgrades XD now I have 2x27" and one 24" on the left, (it's not that bad as it sounds tho) I had another monitor leftover so I connected it as an extra (4 on 1 pc) and few days ago I bought an LCD TV with direct LED backlighting (42") instead of that 4th monitor. So now I only miss one 27" from the "perfection". I'm posting the photos of current look of my gaming setup right here:

[IMG]

So this is my main gaming setup, where I spend most of my gaming time after work, as you can see the 24" on the left is the last hurdle to be broken... "soon" :p (the 27" monitors are philips led).

This photo is of the whole setup from afar, the stuff on the right is the "leftovers" 2nd and 3rd PC with I rarely turn on and work mostly as backup or another way to store data.
    [IMG]

As for PS2 gaming, there are few issues with fov currently, but we(triple monitor users) hope for the best! :D

Cheers
    Raidou
    • Up x 1
  2. [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  3. [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  4. Love it.
  5. Tell me Chip, how did you over-come the heating problem? :D

[IMG]
  6. I try to limit the toasting to a minimum.
    • Up x 1
  7. I'm guessing it gets a little bit toasty.
    • Up x 1
    • Up x 1
  8. Nah I'm betting it's Margarine cooled.

Air cooled would be too crumby.
    • Up x 1
  9. nice gaming setup how much $$ you put into all that?? :D
  10. Here's mine!

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  11. RAS

Loving the decor blitz !!!
  12. Thank you, I thought i'd go with the a bombed out hovel ambiance.
  13. I don't have photos or anything, but the rig I'm building now is as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K Quad-Core OC'd @ 4.2 GHz
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB DDR3-1600
    GPU: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB
    HDD 1: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" SSD
    HDD 2: Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 3.5" SATA
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower
    PSU: Antec 650W ATX12V / EPS12V
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD R/W

Peripherals:

Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4
    Mouse: Gigabyte GM-M6800 wired optical
    Mouse Pad: Xtrac Pads Pro HS
    Headset: Sennheiser HD 202 Mk. II w/ Antlion Modmic
    Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" LCD

No fancy liquid cooling, SLI or multi-monitor setup; just condensed power in a box going to a single screen.
  14. nice stuff there ^^

mhm hard to say since I upgraded my old pc which was around 2000$ ^^

btw... SO MANY trolls here :c
    • Up x 1
  15. Trolls are really only just friends in disguise.
  16. :O nice btw GO AWAY TROLLS !!!!!!!!
  17. [IMG]

i upgraded it to 46 kb ram to be able to play ps2 on high settings
  18. Thanks. The nice thing is, the whole rig (not including the peripherals) will cost me only about $1650, total, when I'm done. With peripherals, it adds up to about $1875 (some of the stuff I already have, like the mouse, the headphones and the mic). And people keep saying you can't build a medium-high-end gaming computer for less than $2000 these days...
  19. well now that I'm at home I did a rough calculation and including the 2 27" monitors and the tv it's around 3700 $ or 3100€, gotta say that this PC was constructed 2 years ago, and it was upgraded 3 months ago.

edit:

1650$ is fairly enough as I said, my initial PC (2yrs ago) was 2000$ ish, but stuff kept piling one on another so it rose much higher in the end :D
    • Up x 1