Purchase Station Cash through Steam Wallet with non-Steam installation

Discussion in 'Account and Billing Support' started by MykeMichail, Dec 7, 2012.

1. I'm wondering if this is possible?

I have USD$10 in my Steam wallet, but I have a regular install.

I don't really want to have to re-download the game through Steam right now, as I'm about to upgrade my system and will have to re-install the game after the upgrade anyway (doing a full OS reinstall).
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

You should be able to purchase station cash via your Steam wallet, and then in turn spend that station cash in-game.
  3. I think what he is saying is that he does have money on his steam wallet, did not get PS2 through Steam but still wants to pay with steam wallet.
  4. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

D'oh, I do believe you'd need to re-install the client via Steam in order to fund station cash thru your Steam wallet, sorry for any confusion.
  5. Whilst I have your attention, do you know if there's any conflict between the regular version of the game and the Steam version if I have them installed simultaneously? Should I uninstall the non-Steam install before installing the Steam version?

Also, how do I transfer my settings over to the Steam version? Do I simply copy my UserOptions.cfg and InputProfile_User.xml into the Steam install directory?
  6. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Definitely don't have 2 installations of PlanetSide 2, you'll only want one client on your machine. If anything, I'd recommend that you just use the stand-alone launcher instead of the Steam client.