SoE is an antisemitic company?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by pretendo, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is exactly it.

I've also never heard someone of the hebrew faith call themselves a "***." I have heard them say "I am Jewish" however. But the 3 letter form is in my experience used 99.99% of the time as a racial slur.
  2. SOE is not willing to devote appropriate resources (in-game GM's with itchy ban trigger fingers) to thwarting bullying and harassment, so they try to brute force filter everything. If I was running the game, I would look in the logs for the degenerate players, and have the devs build in a stealth feature that made those that I had on the black list, randonly disconnect/crash, randomly miss anything they shot at, and so on.
  3. They use seven cash instead of station cash .
  4. Censorship in all its glory. At least you can turn it off.
  5. This isn't 4chan.

I'd rather sound like that, than sound like the standard american:
  6. Muslim Christian Amish Buddhist Confucianism Hindu

edit: guess you guys need to filter those out too.
  7. When they start being used as discriminatory epithets then I'm sure they will. It may not make much sense to you, but the fact is people are jerks and SOE is trying to be sensitive about it. Personally, I think they're doing it the wrong way, but that's not up to me.
  8. Hello friend Goonswarm.
  9. I agree with SOE on this one, almost 100% of the time, its used as an insult. It's not a perfect solution though.
  10. Its odd because you start down that road and it becomes hard to draw a line. As someone already mentioned, they would need to start filtering Christian, Muslim etc being as our culture is mostly predicated on values of fairness and equality you would have to treat all faiths with the same even hand otherwise the censorship is counter productive. i.e you drawing attention to the very issue your censorship is designed to ignore.

What makes it even odder though is that the game already has its own stock racial slurs that no one gives two poops about ala Barney, Elmo and Smurf. Now admittedly the actions behind those words can never amount to more than hating on a digital asset but the intentions are just the same i.e pointing out differences in a deregatory fashion in an effort to dehumanise and legitimise hate.

Censorship can work but only when the people doing the censoring are smarter than the targets.
  11. How about snackbar? No? :rolleyes:

Anyway, why filter *** out? Just give people swearing with this an infraction.
  12. SOE-MOD-02 Community Moderator

I am going to close this down now. Please remember that if you have concerns about moderation or words that may be filtered on these forums, you can contact the forum admin at forum-admin@soe.sony.com (include your forum handle and game name, but NOT your password) and clearly state your concerns.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.