Unscheduled - Supply Containers

Discussion in 'Archived Features' started by JGood, Jan 23, 2013.

1. JGood Developer

Supply Containers are locked boxes that hold something randomish and potentially spectacular inside.
    • In theory, you would then ask yourself: WHAT"S IN THE BOX?!
    • Unable to not know what splendor might await you inside, you buy a key from the depot that unlocks it, and you get whatever awesome item is inside the container.
    • Up x 198
  2. Please don't. TF2 might work that way, but from my experience, a key from SOE will probably cost up to $10, for an unknown item that I could either already own or have no need for.
    • Up x 324
  3. This sounds a lot like Guild Wars 2's Black Lion Chests where you have to obtain a key either through RNG drop or buying one from the store and the rewards would be random. I'm not sure how they would appear in the world, maybe as a loot reward after killing enemies? Sounds like a good idea but I personally am against it because it encourages gambling type habbits, but this depends on the rewards too and the chance of obtaining something good.
    • Up x 26
  4. Please don't. I've had enough of these random reward boxes in near every other F2P game. It's been overdone and restricts certain content only to those willing to gamble a lot of money.

If you make something spectacular, don't put it in a box. Show it to the players and I bet you'll be able to sell it to us for a pretty penny.
    • Up x 125
  5. Please don't, unless they drop and open for free, things like this make F2Ps very frustrating for people!
    • Up x 88
  6. No not this, Pls NEVER do this.
    • Up x 76
  7. No. Please no no no.
    • Up x 65
  8. Sounds like a pure money grab :/
    • Up x 66
  9. Staple cash shop item these days. I'm not particularly fond of these - i don't like to gamble away my money.
    • Up x 44
  10. This sucks.

I've spend plenty of money on PS2, but F-off with this idea. It makes the game seem like gumball machine.

You want more $$$ from me? Put COOL THINGS in the game... put COOL FEATURES in the game... not this BS.

I hope that was emphatic enough of a response :)
    • Up x 68
  11. You would have to tread very carefully to avoid making people mad if you do this. A way to open these boxes with in-game currency as well as station cash would be great.

Maybe work Auraxium back in for use with certain purchases?
    • Up x 13
  12. What's in the box? Tears and disappointment and maybe some pocket fluff. There's really no reason for this to be implemented other than a cash grab.
    • Up x 32
  13. Oh hey, you took one of the worst ideas from games like GW 2 and CO and decided you wanted it in your game. Great.

If you do this I want a setting I can check off so I NEVER get these. I hate useless garbage filling my inventory and the odds that you get anything worthwhile from gamble boxes is slim.
    • Up x 17
  14. No objection to boxes, but there needs to be a way for free players to unlock them. For example, 750 infantry resources. Then anyone can get them, but it's a lot easier to get them from the store - you could buy a packi of 10 keys for, say, 500 SC.
    • Up x 7
  15. First I thought it would be great, anything that makes a game more similar to tf2(item wise, trading, drops, etc) can only be good.
    But than I read a few comments and I couldn't agree more. Knowing SOE(money wise) it would turn out bad. The current weapon prices are already way too high. So no, please don't.
    • Up x 7
  16. Dear god please don't sell keys.
    • Up x 24
  17. dumb idea. do not want.
    • Up x 24
  18. Is this a ******* joke?
    • Up x 28
  19. No.
    • Up x 23
  20. Nothing I hate more than seeing a floating crate come in the way of my game experience.
    If you do give crate, do it once you die, like yeah crate so it doesn't affect gameplay.
    • Up x 12