With Great Regret We Announce Your Wizardry Journey is Coming to an End

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 23, 2014.

1. RadarX Administrator

Dear Wizardry Online Players,

It is with sadness that I share the unfortunate news that we have mutually agreed with our partners at Gamepot to sunset Wizardry Online on July 31, 2014. The opportunity to bring a new hardcore fantasy MMORPG based on the Wizardry franchise to players across North America was a great honor, and we’ve had some fantastic battles and experiences together in the game.

We will provide details on upcoming sunset activities soon, but wanted to alert you of the sunset now so you could maximize your experiences during the remaining time left in the game.

For current Wizardry Online members, we will be upgrading your membership to SOE’s new All Access membership. Under this new All Access plan, you will be able to continue to enjoy membership benefits in Wizardry Online until it sunsets, in addition to having top tier access in SOE’s other membership games. We sincerely hope that by upgrading your membership, you’ll be able to explore our other games to see if one is a fit for you moving forward. For more information, visit the FAQ here: https://forums.station.sony.com/soe...vised-soe-all-access-program-faq.11500063040/

Thank you again for the memories and your support!

Todd Carson
    Senior Producer, Sony Online Entertainment
  2. Invoker New Member

Anyway to undo this i;m gonna cry like a 2 year old infant
    Lcyipa and Vrisslar like this.
  3. Dracon852001 Active Member

Time to get drunk... Thanks SoE!
    Lcyipa likes this.
  4. Trivium Member

So does this mean only the US server is shutting down or EU as well?
  5. Vrisslar New Member

Sucky :(
    Lcyipa likes this.
  6. Piestro Community Manager

US and EU servers I'm afraid.

This one is rough for me as well. :(
  7. Dremlock Well-Known Member

I was never not drunk.
    Lcyipa likes this.
  8. The Ruiner Active Member

Can you refund the SC purchased between when you made your producers letter to now?

The issue is, I only bought some SC after the letter because you made it appear that you weren't closing the game.
    Beathrus and Lcyipa like this.
  9. Calico Rhubarb Active Member

Will there be any new content released during the final 6 months of the game, or will the content remain as it is now?
    Lcyipa likes this.
  10. Piestro Community Manager

Please feel free to contact CS with these kinds of questions. They can answer far better than me. When the Producer's letter was written it was not yet decided.
    We're still finalizing exact plans. When we have more information we'll let you know.
  11. Riveran21 Active Member

Any chance that the Service Provider contract for this game could be sold to a smaller company?

Also, I just purchased SC today and I don't play any other games than this one. I did spend some of it but prefer to get a refund on the remaining amount on my account. I would not have purchased additional SC if I knew this was coming.
  12. Prona Well-Known Member

Does this mean all the avatar spheres... All the content that is supposed to come will not come anymore? What about the letter you wrote? The one promising us content... And the one which said nothing about this sunset...
  13. The Ruiner Active Member

RUSSIAN SERVER
  14. Prophecy New Member

I SENT IN A TICKET AND A RESPONSE OF "I have not heard about the game shutting down, I don't think we will and can't see it happening in the future" It feels like a real soul being torn out of you after playing the game for so long every single day and hearing that "Yeah we're closing the game" after getting told they weren't.
  15. FodderBoy Member

16. warscarz New Member

all I can say is this ****** sucks *** as a player who beta tested and just recently came back in hopes of enjoying a really good game to find out that its closing down ....I am looseing faith in soe all together they are becoming a streamline that caters to money this is why mmo's in general are sucking *** and if this is how they treat a good game then screw investing in soe anymore I say boycott soe as a whole ...I guess this is a move to send players flocking to eq next which will prolly suck as a game since all the company wants is cash flow maybe its time to find a new company to play with and shutting down good games like this 1 is why players don't wanna invest in games period imo so to all u soe managers and company big wigs screw off is all I can say im soo pissed like most others from the posts I read
  17. lakuza Well-Known Member

Well, we have until july to enjoy this game now. This was the only game I played during 2013 for more than an hour or two XD
    I don't think it was handled well at all by SoE, maybe another company can take over in future or something and do a better job since SOE barely showed any interest in thia at all from the lack of communication to the lack of marketing.

Still, this will remain as one of my favouritr games ever so I guess, thank you for giving me the opportunity to play this.

It is heart breaking but nothing we can do now :/
    Olecra, Riveran21 and Prona like this.
  18. Prona Well-Known Member

Lakuza is correct here. There weren't many MMO's I played. The way SOE handled the game, I hated. But this game itself was great! It's one of the best MMO I ever played! I had most enjoyment of this game! Only Pandora Saga can match this game for me.

I do give my sincere gratitude to SOE for at least launching this game. But I wish you cared more for the game and would have been able to keep it alive longer than this short one year life. I was looking forward to a happy anniversary celebration... Not a terribly sad announcement for it closing down.
  19. Piestro Community Manager

This isn't our intention at all. While we of course hope people check out EQ Next it wouldn't make any sense to anger people by shutting down their game in an effort to get them to switch. I've actually pointed a few EQNext devs to check out WO as I feel there are important lessons we can learn from WO.
  20. Hrochous New Member

I am just afraid that after this, i will never be able to play any other online game

and i would rather die then to touch anything from SOE